[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, moron here. I'm doing a build and want to include

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 20161219_151842 - Copy1.jpg (2MB, 1500x2667px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_151842 - Copy1.jpg
2MB, 1500x2667px
Hey /diy/, moron here.

I'm doing a build and want to include pic related. For those unfamiliar, its a Mega Stomp Panic - a motion activated audio device with a variety of different sound-scapes.

However, I would like to make it louder because reasons.
>>
File: 20161219_151905 - Copy1.jpg (2MB, 1500x2667px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_151905 - Copy1.jpg
2MB, 1500x2667px
>>1101285

>Cont'd

Now this thing has an internal speaker. I opened it up and pic related is what I found. Unfortunately, this device does not have an external audio jack.
>>
>>1101285
Get an op-amp and maybe a larger speaker. done.
>>
File: 20161219_154807 - Copy1.jpg (2MB, 2667x1500px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_154807 - Copy1.jpg
2MB, 2667x1500px
So should I solder a jack to the speaker's connection points and run that to an amp like this?
>>
File: IMG_3613.jpg (1MB, 2000x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3613.jpg
1MB, 2000x1124px
Or, if i solder in a jack, can i just run it to a more powerful speaker like this (from some else's build)?
>>
>>1101292

Okay, but as I said, I am a moron. Could you please elaborate or point me in the direction of a tutorial?
>>
Anyone?
>>
Depends totally on your use case. perhaps u could elaborate on that in order to help you.

I peronally would go for a switched 3,5mm audio jack. to keep the integrity of your device as intact as possible and also to make it as versatile as possible say to use it with a guitar amp, intercom, hifi etc as said depending on your
>reasons.
>>
File: o-WARHAMMER-facebook[1].jpg (763KB, 1536x1886px) Image search: [Google]
o-WARHAMMER-facebook[1].jpg
763KB, 1536x1886px
>>1101438

Okay, I'm using this to add audio effects to Space Marine costume I would like to build. The unit currently runs of four AAA batteries and the speaker is a piddly 2 watts. While okay in my apartment this probably isn't going to be loud enough in public (read:conventions).

I have a small amp kit in >>1101293 which uses a 3.5mm jack, which will need it's own power supply (i think?) as it runs on 6 - 14 vdc. The whole set up will have to run on batteries - but I have lots of space in the costume itself to house that.

Pic isn't mine.
>>
>>1101294
If that worked for them, give it a shot. If it doesn't work, that would make a great spot to connect the amp.
>>
>>1101950

Well I'm worried about burning out the module. And that jack is after market. I think he connected it via the speaker contacts, but I'm not certain. Would that work? These are pretty rare these days.
>>
Go on mouser
Product finder
Semiconductors and ics
Audio amplifiers
Look at voltage you are you going to work with, it may have to have its own power source.
Look at mono or 1 channel amps.
Solder something up, datasheets should have an easy schematic for whatever you find. Wire this amp up per your schematic, but audio in will come from the red and white wires going to the speaker. Then wire up a new speaker to the audio out pins.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.