[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to turn the unfinished basement into a cool spot to hang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Trying to turn the unfinished basement into a cool spot to hang out. The floor is basically just plain concrete and isn't all that great. Is there anything I could do myself and preferably for cheap to improve the floor somehow? Right now I just have an area rug over part of it but thats not a really good solution.

pic related, similar floor to what I have.
>>
>>1101028
Garage floor cover. 150 bucks max
>>
>>1101029
what is this? more info/links?
>>
just paint it. when my grandfather built this house he spent a lot of money on the basement basically turning it into a big man cave. he just pained the floor so it didn't look like shit then used an area rug in TV area
>>
>>1101029
ye , what is that? in not that big of a DIY person, but i like to read about stuff like that

maybe i can tune up the basement as well, which only has a water heater and a furnace down there as yet
>>
>>1101030
Google garage floor cover, are you kidding
>>
https://api-android.slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/246296
>>
>>1101038
yee, makes sense, i just wanted to write down how i might tune up my basement,
>>
>>1101042
No it won't.
>>
>>1101049
Taste is subjective
>>
>>1101028

You could frame up a false floor, pretty much get some standard 2x4's and lay them out, nail some osb followed by floor covering of your choice. Shouldn't be that hard because you don't have to make the floor actually stay up and that much and if it breaks you wont die.
>>
>>1101042
That'll hurt you lmao
>>
>>1101049
If OP doesn't already know this, he should already be dead.
>>
>>1101054
>false floor
Idiot
>>
>>1101028
Go to Home Despot and look through their "Laminate wood flooring".

The TrafficMaster brand is easy AF to install and cheap. All it took was a hair dryer (optional) and a knife.
>>
Install radiant heat and skim coat over that. When you skim coat stamp and dye it. Warm and beautiful.
>>
>>1101028

https://youtu.be/3iCOPONKasU
>>
>>1101028
do a raised floor. use cheap ass decking and stain/sand/polyurethane it.

the wood will give a warm look and let you run electrical/plumbing underneath.
>>
>>1101333
>missing the ammonia and bleach post.
>>
Clean it really well, buy some rugs, and wear slippers in the winter. That's your cheapest solution. You could also get garage floor mats. Putting laminate in a basement is pants on head retarded.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.