[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retard here, how the fug do I connect all this shit up? Some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Retard here, how the fug do I connect all this shit up? Some warm white LEDs I ordered, support said everything I need to have it working will be supplied. Well I just have a bunch of bare ass wires and no connectors, aside from the "LC2" thing on the LED strip. What do I do?
>>
you could just start plugging wires into outlets and see what happens
>>
>>1100053
Sounds like you need to solder it
>>
>>1100056
I'm thinkin red to red and black to black, cut off the other connector and attach it to the power supply since I'm using the full strip. Good idea? Bad? Using the wires at the wrong end of the box? Who the hell knows. I'm surprised google didn't give me a single useful bit of information
>>1100058
Yeah, but which wire to what? Might as well be moonspeak on the power supply, no general installation info on the website either
>>
anyone?
>>
>>1100108
The white box has labeling on it. Can't make it out in the pic. One end should be something like "120VAC". That goes to the black and white wires on your wall outlet cord. Doesn't matter which wire goes to what; you can't get this backwards. The other end will be something like "12v DC". That goes to LED strip. + to red - to black.
>>
>>1100113
Figured it out. I went red to red, black to black from power supply to led strip. Then I went white to blue and black to brown from the power supply to the power cable. Seems to work right
>>
>>1100126
you need to find out how many amps those LEDs use, then multiply that by the number of LEDs that are on the strip. Don't let it excede the max amps on that little white DC transformer
>>
>>1100126
Congratulations on your first electronics.

>>1100131
I'd assume if "support said everything I need to have it working" then they didn't fuck OP with a power supply too weak for the LEDs. Also your math is wrong. You're forgetting LED strips put LEDs in series groups and those in parallel instead of every individual LED in parallel.
>>
File: ac dc transformer.jpg (62KB, 712x466px) Image search: [Google]
ac dc transformer.jpg
62KB, 712x466px
>>1100053
You're missing a plug
>>
>>1100053
On that pic
oh. op, post a pic of your stuff rather than something grabbed from a website, o-tay?

PSU
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mean-Well/LPV-20-12
Download the data sheet.
>>
File: 20161029_205252_LLS.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_205252_LLS.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
>>1100053

From your picture that doesn't show much detail:

AC in side is blue and brown. Blue appears to be neutral (which is the black wire on the danger plug), and the brown is line which the white wire on the danger plug. On this side, if I'm not mistaken, there isn't a ground neutral so it doesn't need to be connected (the green wire on the danger plug).

On the other end is DC out end with red being your positive (red to red) and black being the negative (black to black). Hope that helps.
>>
>>1100165
If you're talking about the ground connection, it said only Class I power supplies need a ground. Mine is a Class II, so there isn't even a wire for one. If you're talking about something else then I have no idea
>>1100131
>>1100154
I ordered from superbrightleds, they just automatically recommend the power supply with the proper numbers. I contacted tech support to make sure. Nothing blew up or got too hot when I plugged them in, I guess that's good
>>
File: Capture.jpg (11KB, 251x216px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
11KB, 251x216px
>>1100316
The other half of this plug
>>
>>1100320
Yeah I mentioned earlier that I was going to borrow the male LC2 plug from the other end of the LED strip since it won't be needed there
>>
>>1100219
Black is line
white is neutral.
Please don't get someone killed anon
Not that it matters on an led driver
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.