[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What tool would i use for removing the paint of my walls? whoever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 0

What tool would i use for removing the paint of my walls? whoever put it on did terrible, its got pumps everywhere and isnt not smooth at all
>>
Paint scraper, orbital sander.
>>
>>1099692
Whats the finish like with an orbital sander? Looking for that superflat finish
>>
>>1099697
that's the thing, you can change the paper on them.

>>1099692
That's got to make a mess and a half
>>
>>1099704
But would it perhaps remove too much paint?
>>
>>1099714
Well? How much paint do you want to remove? All you have asked is "how do I remove paint?"

If you want to remove it all, use low grit paper. If you just want to smoothen the surface only, use high grit. You'll still need to do a fresh coat anyway, so it's kind of moot.
>>
>>1099729
As it is the paint is peeling in heaps of places, waters got into some of the rooms and theres huge cracks to patch.

Repainting the bedrooms and bathrooms
>>
Paint scrapper/putty knife. Not so wide, but pretty sharp. Go to town. I mean it, scrape every damn inch of the wall. Anything abnormally high musy go, the peaks of the bumps need to be pretty uniform.

Get some drywall mud
Thin mud
Get paint roller woth stick
Get a roller cover with at least one inch nap
Roll drywall mud onto the wall in sections.
Using a 14inch flat knife scrape surface clean before it dries
Do entire room
If done right the knife will ride the tops of the bumps, leaving mud in the empty space between them

This is called a skim coat

After its fully dried sand smooth with a poll sander and 100 grit sanding screens(not paper).

Dont get it wet, so no washing it. One obvious exception, primer. Yes, you must use primer. Prime the walls, 2 coats if you have enough. I use kilz2 if im doing latex paint(like you probably will because you have to search for oil based these days). Kilz2 is cheap, easy, dries fast, like most women i date. Unlike them killz2 works.

Its a fucking tedious job, but its easy to get right. The better eye you have the easier itll be, do it good and you wont have to sand so much. Aside from roofing drywall is one of the top trades for dope fiends, basically anyone can work with the materials, but its labor intensive. Youll get it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.