[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to insulate a dog house if the dogs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161201_132749.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161201_132749.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What's the best way to insulate a dog house if the dogs love to chew? Need some material they wouldnt likely tear apart.

Help me keep my puppers warm.
>>
I'd just use thick wood. Main use of dog house is as a good windbreak. Dogs are self-heating. You can add plywood or whatever is handy for thick walls and floor. Cold slabs etc are uncomfortable. Rubber matting etc works well too.
>>
>>1099492
Use rope.

Get a long, long length of thick rope, cut it so that it stretches from floor to ceiling of the dog house, repeat and cover all of the walls and the ceiling with them, then drill them into place with a bunch of good wood screws.

Puppers will try to chew, and might be successful here and there - but it's ultimately cheap to replace and won't threaten the structural integrity of the dog house.
>>
>>1099498
This. just sheath the inside with plywood. the air core between the walls will do fine.
>>
>>1099492
Line the inside with thick dense foam and then panel the inside with plastic dump truck mud flaps
>>
>>1099492

Just put the insulation in between the exterior and some other wood. Coated hardboard for instance.

https://books.google.com/books?id=_AX7ZH5zfOIC&pg=PA26&lpg=PA26
>>
Fill the walls with regular insulation, then line the inner walls with titanium because for some reason you're too fucked to buy the cock sucker a chew toy. Lil maff has to live outside in the winter, no wonder he's chewing shit up in frustration.
>>
Dogs only chew out of boredom or anxiety. Give him a nice bone and make sure to dominate more than give him affection..

ex. playing rough with him and then give him a hug and leave him alone in the backyard..

stop those human behaviors with him and try to commuicate more on his level and i guarantee he will stop chewing after some time
>>
>>1099515
>>1099513
They got chew toys for sure and spend most time inside. They are just teething and outside time is the only non-chaperoned time, so I don't wanna have something that looks tempting to chew, like foam. Thanks y'all on all the suggestions!
>>
>>1099492
Dog houses just need to be draft-free. You dont need to insulate or heat it.

Anecdotally I have 35 chickens. Their coop is designed to be draft free and it has a vent on the roof to let hot humid air escape. They do just fine all winter long and even come out on still days and do what sunbathing they can.

My friend's insulated their coop and ran heating to it. The chickens never came out of the coop. Last year we got a power outage when a service line snapped in an ice storm.

They came home that night to twelve dead chickens
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.