[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to go when it comes to making homemade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: hamilton-beach-ice-cream-maker.jpg (36KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
hamilton-beach-ice-cream-maker.jpg
36KB, 980x980px
What's the best way to go when it comes to making homemade ice cream to sell (it's hot where I live)?
I've searched tutorials about building an ice cream maker but I almost only find about making ice cream without a machine. Still, it doesn't seem too complicated to directly buy one without trying to replicate it first.
>>
>>1099144

A large freezer and some cheap ice cream machines.
>>
>>1099144
>Still, it doesn't seem too complicated to directly buy one without trying to replicate it first.
I may have worded this wrong, what I meant is that an ice cream maker doesn't seem complicated enough to not try to make one.
I have no problem spinning it manually if it gives good results in the long run.
>>
File: cranky ice cream maker.jpg (188KB, 1500x1027px) Image search: [Google]
cranky ice cream maker.jpg
188KB, 1500x1027px
>>1099158
You better have some strong arms anon.
Making "crank" ice cream (pic related) will wear you out. That's why they put a motor on it.
>>
>>1099144
You need a freezer or a box with a lot of ice.
Than you need a metal bowl or a bucket smaller than your freezer/icebox.
Than you need something to stirr your bowl-bucket with and a motor to accually do it.
Done
>>
>>1099377

If you use a freezer you'll need a low thermal resistance connection between the bowl and the evaporator. Can't extract ~500 kJ of energy very quickly through convection alone.

If you use an icebox you'll need salt.
>>
>>1099144

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHxiJJvZvMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiti8zxTcZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNcSEOGSe_4
>>
Thanks a lot for the replies.

>>1099151
Thanks, but I prefer to make an ice cream machine myself, just for the thrill of it,

>>1099373
I could use the exercise, but I feel tempted to play with motors now.

>>1099377
>>1099418
Thanks, Ice and salt sounds better for now.

>>1099593
This looks really fun. I want to try the first two.
>>
>>1099144
Just buy some ice cream in a tub at the store and throw it inside the machine to make it look real. If you want to make a profit selling ice cream, buying the ingredients is going to make your profits low unless your selling at a high price.
>>
>>1099144
my grandma used to have an old ice cream machine. It consisted of a wooden bucket, a smaller aluminum container, a paddle/mixer, a lid with a hole in it for the paddle, and a motor that the paddle fit into.

You'd put the cream in the container, put the container into the wooden bucket, add ice and 1 tablespoon of salt to the wooden bucket and plug the machine in.

Shouldn't be too hard to make one really.
>>
Ice cream is the traditional way to give people food poisoning when they least expect it. Do your homework.
>>
>>1100585
machine gets jammed, unplug push prod add more salt. plug in gets stuck in 3 seconds. resume process gets stuck in 4 seconds.

>>1100590
you can buy pasteurized eggs and still use raw eggs and yes it taste much better
>>
>>1100590
Damn. Thanks for pointing it out.
>>
>>1099144
You can make a damn good ice cream with cream,sweetened condensed milk and vanila. That is no churn! No machine needed. Be careful about food safety laws when selling. Also liability can be a bitch if you give someone listeria.
>>
>>1099144
Anon, paddle based machines actually work by spinning the drum with the ice cream mix around the paddle which remains stationary. I think this is done for torque reasons but don't quote me on that. If you really want to build one of these machines yourself I would recommend buying a cheap one first so you can take apart its gearbox. Honestly though I'm not entirely sure it's worth trying to build one from scratch seeing as how inexpensive they are.
>>
>>1101958
>machine gets jammed, unplug push prod add more salt. plug in gets stuck in 3 seconds. resume process gets stuck in 4 seconds.

This never happened to me when I used it and I used it a lot. The ice would melt because the salt lowered the freezing temperature and the bucket would tend to turn in the ice water and force exerted from the paddle.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.