[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make a CNC plasma cutter and I was hoping someone would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: cnc plasma cutter.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cnc plasma cutter.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
I want to make a CNC plasma cutter and I was hoping someone would be willing to offer some advice or tips, or a website that can provide those.
>>
>>1098939
Save up a lot of money
>>
>>1098939
>or a website that can provide those.

I am triggered. Ample website coverage exists but you were too lazy to search.

>First ask Google, then ask /diy/. Your question will probably be better received if you do so.

Spoonfeedcucks KYS and piss off.
>>
>>1098967
I have asked google, I'm just trying to gather up as many recourses as possible. I have 20 tabs opened up already, I was just hoping I could get some help and didn't have to sift through all the shit. Thanks for your help anon.
>>
>>1098985
It's a lot like making a 3d printer, look up absorberoflight and thisoldtony on youtube, they have nice series of them making
>>
>>1098985
watch keith fenner on youtube

he uses plasmacam
>>
>>1099634
I have had a plasmacam and a multicam, honistly I like the plasma cam software better but multicam has some sweet hardware. I really covet the 5 axis stuff they have.

If I was a poor fag I would go with one of the cheap Chinese systems before I build my own. These projects have a way of getting away from yourself unless you have decent plans and feedback from several people making it before you.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/plasma-iron-cutter-iron-cutter-plasma_60556938491.html
>>
>>1098945
>>1098985
>>1099612
>>1099634
>>1099652
Thanks for the help everyone really appreciate it.
>>
>>1099784
Owning the cutter is often a poor way to produce parts. Do the design instead then sub out the work to a shop with a laser cutter.

You lose no shop space and can often have MANY parts produced inexpensively. My machinery builder bros could build or buy a plasma or laser cutter easily but it's a waste of time and money. Instead, they do the CAD work, get quotes from a couple or three laser cutting outfits, then place the order. A pallet of pretty parts arrives shortly thereafter.

They used to paint those parts, but a local powder coating outfit now does them stoopid cheap per piece.

Every machinery choice is also the choice to NOT spend that time and money in other ways! If I were in the Third World with cheap labor and no subcontractors available I'd build as much as I reasonably could, but elsewhere choices exist.

Every machine in a shop is part of that shop production ecosystem. Choose what best suits YOUR use case. Amateurs think of tools. Professionals weigh goals, processes and costs.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.