[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if i buy battery replacement with shitty capacity, and solder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

What if i buy battery replacement with shitty capacity, and solder old GOOD capacity cells? Will this work? Does china replacement batterys also making "rememeber effect" and not charging propperly after some time? I need battery expert oinion i guess.
>>
>>1098182
all ol cells have lost capacity. Lithium ions lose charge capacity just sitting there. The chemistry of the cell is inherently mechanically unstable.

Second, nearly all smart battery controllers have electronics that monitor aggressively for out of spec conditions. Disconnect a cell to replace it, and the controller will see that, mark the battery disabled/failed and blow a set of fuses intended to isolte the cells from the outside world. The blown fuses are permanent, and the only sources I've found for them are on Alibaba.
>>
>>1098183
...and that's the the start of your worries.

In any case, you can do it, but you'll need expertise and possibly vendor-specific programming equipment to do a decent job.
>>
>>1098183
>>1098184
Does the controller see different cells or just stop working forever if disconnected from any power from those cells?
>>
>>1098185
it sees all the cells separately. On most, there's a disconnect sequence that will work, but it's different for different controllers. The other option is to use some resistors and set up a voltage divider bridge with an external power supply, and keep feeding the controller fake voltages while you transplant cells...
>>
>>1098188
I bet that's risk. But cells doesn' need to be same voltage as old ones?
>>
>>1098201
not exactly the same voltage-- they just need to be the same kind of cell.

Ideally, you'd reprogram the controller data to tell it the exact cell chemistry, but that's mostly to get the charge tracking exact (so the battery meter is accurate).
>>
Ok thanks for answers. I guess im jewed and need new battery...cause driver is allready registered in my laptop.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.