[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a cheap tool that would work well at cutting a 2.5 inch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1451187823378.png (1KB, 284x137px) Image search: [Google]
1451187823378.png
1KB, 284x137px
What is a cheap tool that would work well at cutting a 2.5 inch thick piece of wood like this with a halfcircle at the end?
>>
>>1098122
a saw and a router?
you have to do it in two steps. first route the half moon part with a router ( get some cheap router from harbour freight tools... literally like 15 dollars, ) and the router bit you need... could also be about 15 dollars, depending on where you but it
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 301x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 301x168px
>>1098122
Holesaw should do the job, just use or find the size that matches your intended radius.
>>
>>1098140
You need a descent drill for those. Low and cost ones usually don't have the torque.
>>
>>1098141
So it takes OP 50 seconds instead of 30. Your point?
>>
>>1098140
This. You'll never get a good semicircle eith a hand router unless you use them all day every day, and thats a lot of fucking around for a 10 second job. Just make sure your piece is on a second piece of timber so when the center drill goes through it has something to stay centered on.

Whats your mission OP?
>>
>>1098124
2.5" thick with a router?
what kind of crazy oversized router bits do you have?
>>
>>1098200
I thought the view was a lateral view. that's all.
>>
>>1098200
you know what's crazier? 2.5in plywood, that's what's crazy. do they even make that?
>>
>>1098236
I don't think so.
Thickest I ever bought was 1".
2.5 would be expensive as shit.
>>
need a more accurate diagram with measurements, OP. I think everyone has got a different idea of what you're trying to do. post the same diagram with measurements, please.
>>
>>1098122
Saw the middle
Rasp the end?
>>
>>1098140

This. Remember to periodically let the sawdust out, though, it'll just sit in the groove and heat up otherwise.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161213-141228.png (214KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161213-141228.png
214KB, 1440x2560px
>>1098200
>>
>>1098347
it's plywood, not MDF.
>>
>>1098444
MDF catches on fire with a router... I learned that the hard way.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.