[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it considered rude to have 3 contractors all come out at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: PM_006.jpg (55KB, 710x297px) Image search: [Google]
PM_006.jpg
55KB, 710x297px
is it considered rude to have 3 contractors all come out at the same time to bid the same job?
>>
>>1098045
Yes. Not just rude but stupid.

You should schedule each individually and let them know that there will be competing bids.

They will each have questions that they should ask you about scope and details of the project. Having all 3 show up at once , they wont get the time to talk to you about the project.

Honestlyi wouodnt be surprised if some or all walk off when they realize you have booked 3 at once.
>>
>>1098055

I as a contractor would turn around and go to the next potential job. Thats a waste of my time and baby llama dont want no drama
>>
>>1098055
This,

When they don't walk away they are likely to meet up without you and arrange a special prize for your fuckup.
>>
>>1098060
yep

a "screw you" and walk away
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 522x476px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 522x476px
>>1098060
>>1098094
are you guys really so sensitive? i just don't have a lot of time to schedule three run throughs of the site. and fuck me if i have to do that for every subcontractor.
>>
>>1098098
lol just because they are in competition against each other doesn't mean there isn't a chance they are not friends. 2 may already have jobs lined up and help out the third by putting in high bids so you end up paying more.

if you don't have time for that you probably don't have time to research each contractor, they may all do shit work. instead of them bidding on it, i find it better to research potential contractors and find the most qualified one who does the best work. you're better off paying for the job once and not having to go to court to get fuck ups taken care of. the cheapest contractor plus court costs you end up paying more than just hiring the highest bid and having the job done right the first time.
>>
Bids should be done individually. Nothing is wrong with having all contractors present at the job prior to bidding though to make them aware of what the project entails. That's the industry standard for any heavy civil project.
>>
I get bids all the time where they are getting a few quotes. Not a problem to me.

The people that want you to come back and go over it again, or who want a quote every year are the ones that piss me off.
>>
>>1098098
is the point to save time or to get them to negotiate against themselves?
>>
>>1098065
>When they don't walk away they are likely to meet up without you and arrange a special prize for your fuckup.

more likely they'll meet in the parking lot just before the bid and agree to have a higher starting bid then slice up the profit accordingly with the winner
>>
>>1098244

While some instances like these are possible it requires all the contractors to know and trust eachother to a strong degree.

Which means that they already have made business deals in the past and even if you have them come one at a time they will all already be in communication.

Then it just makes it obvious you live in a shithole and need to get out as they were all crooked before you even called them.
>>
>>1098178

It depends on the scale.

Open tenders allow anyone to come in and bid, generally at a small cost to prevent any of the small time nickle and dime guys turning up.

I normally visit open tenders with contractor numbers being minimum in the teens and maximum in the 20's so there is a chance that a lot of us hate eachother and will fight extremely hard to get the $$ figure down.
>>
>>1098045
It's called a pre-bid conference. As long as all parties are aware of the agenda and purpose, it shouldn't be a problem. Larger customers (municipalities, etc.) do it all the time.
>>
>>1098337
Yeah, it's bit different when you know beforehand that there will be representatives of other companies, instead of finding it out on site.
On the other hand, contractors are more willing to take some shit when it's a huge job and lots of money is involved.
>>
File: filling_in_potholes.jpg (570KB, 720x508px) Image search: [Google]
filling_in_potholes.jpg
570KB, 720x508px
>>1098186
its to save time. i gotta take off work to show these guys around.

>>1098337
so just let them know ahead of time whats going on?
>>
>>1098055
This
>>
>>1098098
That's why if you are a builder u get 1 or 2 good guys and use them exclusively if u can.
>>
>>1098045
>Invites all bidders to be present at same time
>Wonders why they all offer the same exorbitant price

Divide and conquer
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.