[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so theres a lot going into this and im more or less trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: P2190245-114x114.jpg (5KB, 114x114px) Image search: [Google]
P2190245-114x114.jpg
5KB, 114x114px
Ok so theres a lot going into this and im more or less trying to make a pipboy with a bunch of new age tech and functions. i thought it may be possible to re-program a smarrt phone or two to use different os systems and program it. im a tech, but i fix broken machines. sonar systems in the navy and most recently industrial machines. but im not super program or tech savey like this. any advic3e for me? i have a lot of the plans and blue prints and random novelty aux. functions i plan to add. but am i headed in the wrong direction?
pic related
>>
>>1098008
I was thinking of this exact project lately, but Im swaying towards putting a galileo or something in a backpack and interfacing it with the pipboy via bluetooth. Then I don't need to pack much into it other than a few circuits and a screen. A phone wont give you any gpio other than through aux so to make any reasonable additions you would probably need to use bluetooth anyway. Then again the backpack might ruin your whole idea of a pipboy
>>
Someone sugested using or making a rapberry pi. Ive seen multiple theeads about these and read up on them a little. And i thought about the back pack idea myself. Kinda wanted everything in the wrist unit.
>>
>>1098056
then a pi or similar microcontroller would be your best bet, something with good A/V support
>>
Alright so ive done a marginal amount of research and followed the sudjestions and advice given and i believe what i need to create is my own system on a chip.
>>
>>1098417
No, you just need to find one that does what you need it to do. Creating one would require more resources than everyone on this board has combined.
>>
alright so im thinking of gettingthe new raspberry pi3 and then adding stuff to it. i want to be able to run linux,display onto an hd screen, and preform am/fm radio, and maybe a cb radio.
>>
Raspberry pi is pretty overpriced for what you get. There are others that are compatible with the rpi interface.
>>
>>1098417
For a one off you would typically use a fpga. Soc is for mass production
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.