[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Complete new fag looking into making ale or meed(that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2564.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2564.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Complete new fag looking into making ale or meed(that's how much I don't know) just wondering if I could get some help doing small scale brewing.
>>
>>1097591
Get sugary flavor liquid add yeast block air from getting in but let CO2 out wait until ferment ends siphon off lees and drink.
>>
>>1097598
Let's say I want to start from scrath. How would I do so.
>>
>>1097628
Buy a 1 gallon apple juice from the grocery store. Dump bread yeast in it. Put a balloon where the cap goes. Put a small hole in the balloon. Wait until it stops bubbling. Try to get the clear liquid out without disturbing the crap at the bottom. Drink clear liquid. If you have any significant amount of bottom-bottle crap in the liquid, you will shit yourself for days.
>>
Brewing is really scalable. Buy a cheap plastic 5 gal brew bucket at a garage sale and a brewing starter kit and follow the instructions. If you enjoy doing that, then switch to extract brewing, basically the same thing but in powder form and you have control over the recipe. With the equipment from extract brewing you can then upgrade to small 1 or 2 gallon batches of brew-in-a-bag all-grain brewing. Then upgrade to larger batches, then kegging, etc etc.
>>
>>1097673
The key thing is to read about it and research. I know some homebrewing supply stores have starter kits you can buy with all the equipment, that's how I got started. Mine came with a 1-gal carboy and grain/hops to do a 1 gallon batch of all-grain BIAB.
>>
>>1084696
>>
If you want a small commitment do Joe's Ancient Orange Mead (google it).

I would definitely recommend getting some D47 yeast instead of bread yeast.

Try to keep the temperature relatively cooler while it ferments. It'll keep the 'rocket fuel' flavors down.

Mead takes a crazy long time to ferment and condition but the 'brewing' process is pretty damn simple. Beer has a quicker turnaround time, but the brew process is more intensive.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.