[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sound blocking/insulation. I want to block the sound of fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: rockwool.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
rockwool.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Sound blocking/insulation.

I want to block the sound of fucking cars, I live next to a busy street, and all I hear all days is fucking cars, so I want to block all my windows with 2.5" rock-wool so I need to cover 12 square meters of windows and using 2.5" rock-wool it would cost me $105 USD for the rock-wool, $15 for the wood to make the frames, and like $10-20 for 15 square meters of cloth to cover the rock-wool.

So, will this work? or what other cheap options I have to block a busy street noise?
>>
>>1097503
Is it only the windows? Mass absorbs sound senpai
>>
>>1097503
How high of a brick wall can you build in your yard?
>>
Drywall is probably more cost-effective
>>
File: IMG_0676.jpg (178KB, 640x480px)
IMG_0676.jpg
178KB, 640x480px
>>1097503
enjoy your mold
>>
>>1097668
this
>>
File: trump.jpg (185KB, 600x348px)
trump.jpg
185KB, 600x348px
>>1097660
>>
>>1097689
But mold can grow in any porous material if it's in moist environment. I bet there are millions of homes in the US with mold in the walls.
>>
>>1097503
I used to work third shift. During that time i lived both on a busy street with cars and trucks constantly going by, and next to a school with some loud ass busses. I used pushpins to secure a sheet right against the window, then a blanket with that wool looking stuff, then curtains over that. I had no problems with the sound while sleeping. It also kept my room warm as fuck in the winter. I could also roll the sheets up from the bottom if I wanted sunlight.
>>
>>1097595
Yes, only the windows, we have brick walls over here.

>>1097660
>>1098325
This is funny because I'm mexican.

>>1097668
A single 1cm thick drywall would be better than 6cm of rockwool? I pick rockwool because I know that's what murikkkans use inside their paper walls.

But yeah drywall would be cheaper I would only need 5 sheets.vrr

>>1098385
Thanks, this real life experience helps.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.