[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking made in china sucks ass. I can't begin to tell you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 11

File: 1456338936590.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1456338936590.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
Fucking made in china sucks ass. I can't begin to tell you how much stuff I've had to re-solder because chinese fucks cheap out on solder and wires.

I just finished fixing my 100 dollar headset and now my vape broke and I have to re-solder the micro usb charger back onto the main board.

I have absolutely no electronics background and I'm able to fix this garbage with nothing more than a 20 dollar soldering iron and a glue gun.

Why do people say chinese people are smart? Their products are fucking aids infested garbage.

The micro usb charger would have lasted except they chose to glue it to the board instead of soldering it.

The headphones would have lasted except they used shitty wires that became tangled and snapped so I had to reinforce them with more solder and prevent them from tangling with hot glue.

I FUCKING HATE CHINA.
>>
Sounds like you keep breaking your shit and blaming China.
>>
>>1097483
Who the fuck would glue components onto a board instead of soldering them?
>>
>>1097486
It's fairly reasonable to fill an entire product with hot glue (if for example, it's an adapter or connector) for the sake of stability
>>
>>1097474
absolutely right. china is shit.
poison dog food, toxic drywall, lead paint on kids toys, the list is endless.
they will lie to your face, because it is impolite to say no. so you ask them to do some thing, they nod their heads agreeing, with no intent of ever doing it.
squint fuckers need to be purged.
>>
>>1097506
I learned that much through trial and error, but the charger needs to be soldered properly and it's so fucking tiny it's hard for me to solder. I'm about to attempt to solder it again but I gotta say, I wish they would make things more durable.
>>
>>1097483
Or buying cheap chinese shit (protip: China produced about 80% of electronics in currently in your house) the only difference between shit chinese products and non-shit chinese products is price.
>>
>>1097516
Uhh are you retarded, 80% of the electronics in my house needs to be fixed because chinese people have no concept of durability. It doesn't matter how expensive something is, the headphones and vape are both around 100 dollars, the components are good quality, the build is shit.

Doesn't matter what the price is, they are stupid when it comes to actually building something. Products should last more than a year without having to be rewired and soldered.
>>
File: problem.png (14KB, 1045x816px) Image search: [Google]
problem.png
14KB, 1045x816px
>>1097521
>>1097516
tell me this isn't retarded engineering.
>>
>>1097525
I think I fixed it, I had to fill the fucking holes with solder and then I had to clamp the port while I heated it up red hot to get all the contacts to melt at the same time, then I clamped it harder while the solder cooled. This is fucking stupid.
>>
>>1097474
but your cheap cunt ass goes to wal mart to buy those shitty chinese products instead of spending the money on made in north america and whos the dummy here
>>
>>1097547
nothing is made in north america anymore, and no I didn't buy it at wal-mart. Bunch of chinese retards damage controlling in here, too bad they didn't quality control instead. This products are not cheap that's the thing, one is a hyper-x headset, the other is a 80 watt ileaf vaporizer.
>>
>>1097547
Dude. Really?

Have you checked the quality on something made in the US in the past 15 years? Its pretty shitty unless you want to pay out the ass.
>>
>>1097571
made in usa usually means nothing, most of the components are still made in china, it's just assembled in usa.

The reason I'm pissed off is for 100 something some odd dollars, I expect the solder / wires to hold. They don't.

Anyways I fixed both, I just wanted to bitch.
>>
>>1097574
Check out a Wismec RX200. Its what I use.

I cant have a device with USB at work. I popped open my RX200 and was amazed at the quality of the build. The new firmware update lets it go to 250w.
$40
elementvape.com/wismec-reuleaux-rx200s-200w-tc-box-mod
>>
>>1097577
Clarification. The Rx200 has usb and I was removing the port. I had a tank crack and soak the insides with juice. Quick alcohol wipe down and it still runs like a champ.
>>
>>1097577
>>1097579
thnx, I bought the vape to quit smoking and it actually worked. I had tried everything, patch, gum, inhaler. The vape did the trick after about a week I had stopped smoking completely, been good for almost a year. No more smokers cough or black shit god damn I love it. Thanks so much for the link I bought this ileaf for about 100 dollars from the vape shop but it's only lasted 9 months. The heatsink is glued on aswell jesus fuck.

Don't buy ileafs whatever you do.
>>
>>1097474

its not china, its rohs
>>
>>1097559

We make products (including circuit boards) in america. I gotst a pick and place machine, oven, wave solder and everything.
>>
>>1097592
you are fucking retarded and have no idea what you are talking about. There is almost 25 mm of clearence in there. There is no fucking reason pins shouldn't pass through the board in order to be soldered. You know, cuz the solder holds the component on, not the glue? Durrrrrr

>actually defending this glaring design flaw
>>
>>1097592
>hey chang, the pins on this micro usb are too short, we can't even solder them on, we gotta send them back.

>fuck that, just glue it on with some jb weld type goop, that will save us a whole 5 cents. we don't even have to solder it. HA
>>
>>1097474
>Why do people say chinese people are smart? Their products are fucking aids infested garbage.
American universities coax the smart ones over here. Ever look up a major university's CS or math department? Like 1/3 Asian and I bet they're all fobs two years from China. They barely speak English but they're there to do research and it's just the dumbest fucking shit. Go to a smaller uni if you want to study anything skill-based. Your quality of education will be no different.
>>
>>1097605
Is it common practice to glue components to a board instead of soldering them? Because I have never in my entire life seen someone do something so fucking retarded. These mouth breathers need to be shot.
>>
>>1097609
Not that I know of, but there are some epoxies made so they can wholly replace solder, but I don't think I've ever seen it in my electronics.

Anyway, knowing how to fix this stuff yourself is good anyway. Everything's made in shitholes by varying kinds of farmers so there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>1097611
It's just frustrating because we import this garbage and we have to fix it ourselves but we can't open up factories and produce it ourselves. I know for a fact this shit did not pass inspection because only a fucking china man would do something so skeezy as glueing shit instead of soldering it. If the pins had passed through the board and were soldered it would have never broke.
>>
>>1097559
>>80w Eleaf
>Not cheap
Don't be a fucking cuck
>>
>>1097577
I work at a vape shop and I see the USB ports break on the rx200s ALLLLLL the time. The DNA 200s are better but they still break fairly often.
>>
>>1097474
They break so you buy another one.
Why do you think there are a hundred thousand Chinese eBay sellers selling e.g. Only charging cables, they are all the same shit with different pictures and sellers so you think its different. They aren't stupid they are smart. Nowadays they don't even have to undercut prices, you couldn't make a usb cable in the West because of the pollution it would cause. Same reason we ship broken shit to India, can't recycle it here. We don't reduce pollution we just moved it and made it worse actually because nothing lasts anymore.

I can't believe you think you can call anyone smart or dumb when you are a vapefag.
>>
>>1097474
China has the capability to make some really high quality goods.
And they do.
They also make dirt cheap trash that should be thrown away.

Cant blame china, they build what they are contracted to build at a certain price point.
>>
chinesium in here
>>
apparantly usa is importing foods from china. i've seen minced garlic and cookies so far.
>>
its funny that people think china doesnt quality control

they most definatly quality control

the only reason you got your vape for $100 is because of quality control

all the "good" tier stuff goes in one bin
all the "shit " tier stuff goes into another bin
and all the "mega shit " tier stuff goes into the rework bin

they do make good products some of the time, but you dont want to pay for the top of the line chinese

i bought like 60-80 ERseries collets from china recently, i realized then, that china isnt only just making bad parts and rejects, because thats fucking retarded

what they are doing, is selling all the rejects for china prices

>>1097588
>its rohs

fuckign amen, lead free is the fucking worst
to automate, and all my fucking components have fucking lead in them anyways
>>
>>1097938
A ton of food is being brought in from china, and you dont know about it. Motts Apple juice and apple sauce is expensive and its all chinese.
They are the biggest exporter of pork, chicken, and cod.

Thank goodness those pesky meat labeling laws were recently removed. Who needs to know what country your meat is from?
>>
Can I just point out that almost every manufacturer who has to produce en masse will cheap out on components and cut corners wherever they can, Chinese or not. Profit margins are not consigned to borders. It's just how capitalism works.
>>
File: 1477636237724.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1477636237724.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>1097474
>buying your products from people who eat dogs and insects to survive
>>
>durr gimme shit for cheap
>get cheap shit
>so zurprised
>>
>>1097474
>>1097521
>>1097543
>>1097559
>>1097574
A couple of points.

The Chinese are incredibly smart. They cornered at least part of almost literally every means of production to the point that they're basically a monopoly on industry itself. You're a fucking moron if you can't see that.

You're being a whiny fucking newfag. This is DIY. Everyone is pretty nice here in general but you're a goddamned vapefag whining that your headset and coolblower don't work out of the box. This is thinly veiled /b/ or /pol/ tier shit. You just want to be a pissed off faggot instead of being excited you're getting to gain experience and learn to troubleshoot and fix something.

Lastly, you're a racist entitled fuck with barely any worldview and about fourteen years of emotional age under your belt.

Be happy you're learning new skills or fuck off.
>>
>>1098134
For context, I'm a /b/ and /a/ "oldfag" that visits this board on occasion to relax after a long day of CP and gore, and I come here to see some kid being pissy and not even posting photos of his work. What the fuck, I haven't typed this much in fucking years.
>>
>>1097559
>Kingston
You deserve it.
>>
File: 1459968529050.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1459968529050.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>1098134
It's not racism if they're subhuman anon
>>
>>1097474
i've bought cheap SATA to IDE adapters that were manufactured in china. right out of the box i knew enough just looking at it that it had open solder joints. nothing a little flux and hitting it with a iron didn't fix. also i wished my logitech g930 had glue on the charging micro USB connector, but that's just an engineered failure.

if you knew how much it cost to ship shit from china to the US it really makes you wonder how much those fuckers get paid to manufacture cheap shit.

that being said i also know you can buy quality from china, but when shipping is factored in its cheaper to just have it made in the US with the same quality.

we only have ourselves to blame for this cheap china crap, we bought it over domestically made quality shit because its cheaper. now those companies that made quality at a reasonable price are out of business. it started with a few, and then more and more started doing it now thats all thats left.

i'm 37, growing up a friends mother would drive 20 miles to another town just to save $.20 on a couple cans of whatever not even realizing she just lost money factoring in the money she spent on gas not to mention wear and tear on her vehicle. this mentality has been around for a long time.
>>
File: 63012279.jpg (72KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
63012279.jpg
72KB, 500x638px
>>1098187
> this mentality has been around for a long time.

I work on the road, which means I spend a lot of time in petrol stations..

> be standing in queue
> rube in front paying for fuel
> cashier pipes up "sir, if you spend $10 in the shop you can save 4 cents a liter on your fuel!"
> rube spends two minutes umming and ahhing about which type of processed sugars he wants to buy, holding everyone up
> just so be can save 80c off his fuel.
> by spending $10
> to save 80c
> mfw

I used to point this out to people just to watch the cashiers squirm (one old hag once told me "you're not allowed to do that!") but fuck 'em, I'm tired of thinking for other people, if they want to rort themselves for the sake of a few cents they can go right the fuck ahead.

This mentality is a fucking cancer anon.
>>
>>1098187
Fuck, I know what you mean
>Uncle refuses to buy gasoline from town, goes to costco to get it
>even though it's a forty minute round trip, fifty if there's traffic
>not to mention waiting in line at the often busy cost co gas bar
>not to mention the membership cost
>to save 10c a liter
>>
>>1097474
>he thinks cheap chinese products are cheap and don't work because chinese are stupid
>not because they are cheap as shit
10/10 reasoning.
>>
>>1097474
they are smart stupit faggots like you know they make cheap shit. But they still buying it.
>>
>>1097474
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR NIGGER, STOP WHINING ABOUT THAT
>>
>>1098134
>being cucked by little yellow keks
Lol@u
>>
>>1098233
>getting cucked by the cuck meme
pls, go back to your containment board >>/mlp/ is that way.
>>
>>1097474
I hope you get electrocuted
>>
>>1097474
Lol just because you spent a lot of money doesn't mean you didn't buy cheap shit
>>
>>1097510
Maybe we can move all the mexicans, muslims, and section 8 cucks from America over to there
>>
>Why do people say chinese people are smart? Their products are fucking aids infested garbage.

They were instrumental in altering the quality and price of everyday items, and now you willingly buy garbage over and over. Seems pretty smart to me.
>>
>>1097474
I usually switch brand and hope they're made in different factory
>>
>>1097474
>buys cheap shit from china
>whines and bitches
>doesn't post work

gtfo
>>
File: IMG_1484.jpg (25KB, 206x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1484.jpg
25KB, 206x206px
>>1097474
Yea even the expensive shit from china is shit. Buy European if you want high quality easy to maintain anything.
>>
>>1098134
>>1098135
>admits he still goes on /b/
>thinks he will be taken seriously
you are just as foolish as OP
>>
>>1097474
The chinese are smart and you got bamboozled by them.
>>
Why do you think the non poorfag side of diy demonize harbor freight?
>>
>>1098885
Nah, /b/ got boring when the threads started moving too quickly to produce original content, that's why I mostly visit /diy/ and /r9k/ when I'm desperate.

I was just being an edgy fag because apparently that's allowed on this board now.
>>
>>1098927
Yeah, moderation is laxer now, but that's not really a reason to shit on the board on purpose. Well, unless you specifically want it to be even worse.
>>
>>1098927
>/b/ got boring when the threads started moving too quickly to produce original content

/b/ turned to shit during Project Chanology, at which point afterwards an influx of faggots looking for attention showed up and changed the whole culture of the site.
>>
>>1098947
True, but keep in mind Project Chanology caused both the culture shift as well as killing thread life. The thread life going down to an hour, being generous, was the final nail in the coffin in my opinion.
>>
>>1098947
chanology was the start, 4chumblr was the nail in the coffin.
>>
File: 1481079430985.gif (2MB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
1481079430985.gif
2MB, 500x268px
Retards like OP are the reason 4chan is dying or dead already.
>>
>>1099302
filthy chink detected
>>
>>1097474
>Hates chink shit
>Continues to buy it
>>
File: Legit real iPhone.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Legit real iPhone.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>Be an American company
>Ask China to make a product the cheapest cheap way possibly possible
>It's an awful quality, just as intended
>Sell it 100 times production price to idiots who'll buy a new one each time it breaks

>Ask China to make another product, following plans ensuring quality
>It's actually good quality (assuming American company didn't get scammed)
>Sell it (under another brand name) 100 times production price (so two or 3 times as expensive as the first one)
>Since product doesn't break right away, people somehow don't notice the MADE IN CHINA sticker.

Add some perception bias, a pinch of racism, and you have OP's story. iPhones are made in China and aren't badly soldered, but if you buy picture related and accuse China when you can't install grinder, you're the problem, not China.
>>
>people defending chinkshits
you should feel bad, globalist fucks.
>>
>>1099336
you forgot about
>chinese copy design of quality product
>remove logo
>add chinky logo with chinglish
>sell at 50 times production cost to undersell company they stole it from
>china says screw you to international patents
>china judges say its totally different due to chinky logo and chinglish

the last time china was the pinnacle of technology they built a wall and closed themselves off from the rest of the world. Japan closed itself off from the rest of the world too

the only difference is Japan figured out how to do things from scratch with some help from the rest of the world after the industrial revolution, china just sent people out to learn what was already known.

inb4 i'm some weeaboo, i don't even speak moon runes.
>>
File: IMG_0406.jpg (9KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0406.jpg
9KB, 125x124px
IM GOING TO BOMB CHINA
>>
File: 5H0m4t8.png (192KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
5H0m4t8.png
192KB, 1366x728px
>>1099427
>>
>>1099426
They don't copy designs. They reuse and recycle designs American companies contracted them to make, but with maximum cost cutting.
>>
>>1099526
Do people think that old tooling goes in the dumpster or something?
>>
>>1099505
>them tabs

lel, nice troll
>>
>>1099561
newfag chink cnut fcuker asshole
>>
>>1097521
Wanna talk expensive Chinese shit with no quality? Their own service rifle the. Won't take half the stanag magazines on the fuckin market and the semi autos were prohibited in canada because malfunctions caused them to be converted to full auto too easily. And they're 1000 bucks in canada. And their service pistol is only good for 1200 rounds before you need a new barrel.
>>
>>1097474

So why'd you buy it then?
>>
>>1097521
My headphones were made in merka and had problems. Two pairs too (grados)
>>
>>1097521
Why do all the western companies produce in China then? Check mate capitalist.
>>
Can we consider the design of the products rather than the country its made in? Specifically, the 'planned obsolescence' that are engineered into them.

Maybe the material of wiring was chosen so it would snap at X amount of time and the consumer has to buy another one, or that the Micro-USB was glued instead of soldered for the same reason.

Almost everything is made in China, so if the 'all China items break' statement is true, none of us would be able to chime into this thread.
>>
>>1097474
Chàbuduō is even worse in China itself.
>>
Even the mainland Chinese are wary of Chinese brands in China.
No one there wants to own a Chinese car since they're horrendous pieces of shit near-deathtraps and the Chinese-made Ford/Mercedes/BMW/etc branded Cars are just as bad.
Hell the only 'quality' I can think of when it comes to their brands is stuff like WeChat and Xiaomi, 110% pure design ripoffs both in terms of the hardware and the code supporting it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161217-113713.png (657KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161217-113713.png
657KB, 1440x2560px
I bought this thing recently, mostly to play music in my shitty old car. It's madd in China, but it's breddy gud. Therrs a voice thst says "waiting for pairing" then "paired" (bluetooth). It sounds just like George Takei. When you get a phone call it plays an 8-bit Flight of the Valkyries. 10/10 will buy chink again
>>
>>1099426
>Japan figured out how to do things from scratch
They literaly hired shitloads of engineers from Europe to become an industrial nation as fast as possible in fear of being colonized.
>>
>>1100679
Also copied shit like no end and there was a time when "Made in Japan" meant shitty trinkets and cheap barely working trash.
Yeah, not anymore.
>>
Now they're importing prescription drugs manufactured in China, and the FDA has been approving them without doing any tests.

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2016/07/25/is-the-fda-putting-americans-at-risk-with-chinese-drug-imports/
>>
>>1100703
>FDA has been approving them without doing any tests.
Do they even have adequate budget for that?
>>
>>1100708
Do the food and drug lobbies want more or less regulations? Because that's where the money is.
>>
>>1100703
Thank god Trump is going to remove more FDA regulations
>>
>>1100703
>most drug primers are from china anyway so american supply is endangered in case of hostilities
Top kek. Also why does america has ads for prescription drugs? That makes no sense it was really weird seeing those on TV when I was there.
>>
>>1100872
If there's one thing trump loves it's things from China!!!!!!!
Oh wait no he hates China.
There are probably plenty of legitimate things you can complain about so why is it that all anyone ever can come up with is stupid shit that doesn't even make sense or some shit joke about his hair.
Please try harder.
>>
>>1101452
Most of those ads are for psychiatric medications or meds that are new to the market and they want consumers to coax their doctors into prescribing that med over others.
>>
>>1097521
>Uhh are you retarded, 80% of the electronics in my house needs to be fixed
Why are their so many hamfisted retards on this website? I mean, I'm a major klutz myself, but I never do actual bad damage to my expensive shit, and I never would break something out of anger over a lost video game.
>>
>>1101476
Isn't that dangerous?
>>
>>1100271
Shit, I think they're just reusing a Bluetooth headset design (or the other way around), that sounds like an exact description of my headset.
>>
>>1097474
>Fucking made in china sucks ass.
>>1097510
>squint fuckers need to be purged
>>1097609
>These mouth breathers need to be shot
>>1097614
>only a fucking china man would do something so skeezy
>>1098169
>It's not racism if they're subhuman
>>1099304
>filthy chink detected
>>1099415
>chinkshits
>>1099718
>newfag chink cnut fcuker asshole
You have to go back.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1102747
I laughed way harder at this post than at anything else on 4chan for years.
>>
>>1102747
>Two rice rations have been deposited into your meal bucket

Keep up the good propaganda Sum Dumfuk
>>
>>1102801
That's literally a /pol/ meme. Please leave.

Not even the same poster.
>>
>>1102986

We are all /pol/ now.

Ignoring that, bitching at Chinese shit has been shoptalk for a long time now. Yes people bitch that it's non PC for a long time too, but even with the recent influx of the fashionably dressed bearded masses the DIY crowd is still not very PC overall.

There is something very different about Chinese mentality. You've seen the vid compilations of people going back with their car to kill pedestrians they collided with?
>>
>>1101454
That anon didn't say anything about Trump liking China.
Trump wants to gut the FDA.
>>1101597
Yes.
>>
>>1103013
>fashionably dressed bearded masses

Just so we're on the same page. You mean hipster right?
>>
>>1103013
>There is something very different about Chinese mentality. You've seen the vid compilations of people going back with their car to kill pedestrians they collided with?

That's not exactly their mentality so much as it is the pressure of the legal system. Apparently if you badly injure someone you have to support them financially for the rest of their lives, whereas manslaughter or w/e will get you a few years.

So to them there's a lower cost to simply go to prison for a while than to pay out until heaven knows when.

But I guess it says something about their lack of empathy for fellow chinks
>>
>>1103038
Please see
>>>>1095319
and
>>>>1095907
>>
>>1101454
>Oh wait no he hates China.

but he sure loves their chinese steel
>>
>>1103013
I'm not /pol/. Therefore we're not "all" /pol/.
>>
>>1097474
You dont hate China. You hate capitalism.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.