[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite /diy/ projects. Share stories, images, process

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: diy-fails-17.jpg (78KB, 690x596px) Image search: [Google]
diy-fails-17.jpg
78KB, 690x596px
Favorite /diy/ projects. Share stories, images, process and materials. Cheers.
>>
File: IMG_4116.jpg (134KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4116.jpg
134KB, 720x960px
>>1097438
I love building wooden things
>>
>>1097443
Love that the shop is tidy. Can you share more?
>>
>>1097451
I'll have to see if I have more. It's from my highschool. I'm friends with the shop teacher so he still lets me use it if I need to
>>
File: IMG_5520.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5520.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1097451
>>
File: IMG_2944.jpg (165KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2944.jpg
165KB, 640x1136px
>>1097646
>>
>>1097443
It's nice to see someone that still has the nuts to use a radial arm saw. I'm also likely that bar clamp from a bygone era.
>>
>>1097657
I buried a container

AND ITS STILL GOOD
>>
>>1097657
Not the poster.

I have a Dewalt RAS from the 40s in my garage. I stripped it down to bare metal and repainted it, rebuilt/trued the deck, and most importantly rewound the motor BY HAND.
I used a set of dado's on ebony last month and it cuts like butter.
>>
File: tisch.png (3MB, 600x2216px) Image search: [Google]
tisch.png
3MB, 600x2216px
just finished my extendable table today.. i rushed the legs, just painted them back. I planned to make them look like the top but i dont have enough time.

also the 2 pieces to insert in the table are not quiet ready but ill do that later.

btw. this table has a total cost of 0€ (i can get free wood scraps.. )
>>
File: images (69).jpg (10KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
images (69).jpg
10KB, 269x188px
>>1097438
>>
File: IMG_0149.jpg (1MB, 3280x2462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0149.jpg
1MB, 3280x2462px
>>1097438
My first project was my favorite. As a kid my parents got me this little 125cc Chinese quad that I tore up blazing trails. I learned everything working on it; electrical, brakes, carbs, body repair, frame repair. There wasn't a part on it I hadn't broken and fix. It was also my motivation to learn welding. The most important thing it taught me was to always overengineer when your life is at risk. Ended up skimping on a handlebar weld because it was difficult to reach, went of a jump, handlebars came off in the air, and I had quite a nastly spill that landed me in the hospital. All in all, I will never have a project as sentimental as it.
>>
>>1097888
So how did you solve the problem of the table buckling in the middle when extended? I can scarcely believe this table would pass the Matthias "jump on it with your entire body weight" test
>>
>>1098515
about 20cm stay inside while fully extended. its 2 big pieces of wood (4cmx6cm)

i guess that should be strong enoug. the 2 pieces give some more stiffness too. i used lamellos to connect them
>>
>>1098515
the matthias "jump on it with your entire body weight" thing is super stupid

if you have a relatively flexible piece of work it would dampen the force significantly making it unable to receive the same amount of power

I am 134kg (at 6'7" this is pretty average weight) which means if I jump up half a meter straight into the air and land on something solid I am imparting 6.6kW of energy into the body (assuming 0.1 second of deceleration in the form of a dead stop) if I jump on some soft pine it is nice and flexible and it force me out of a dead stop and can slow down the impact by 2 fold causing half as much power

also matthias is a little wimpy creature, his 100lb jump would only put in about 1/3 as much power as a real human
>>
>>1098882

>134KG
>6'7"
>Pretty average weight

Unless your built like a brick shit house, your'e above average. Obese in fact.
>>
>>1098882
>134kg
>average for anything

stop lying and jump on the table fatty
>>
>>1098376
nice quad man.
>>
>>1100818
that guy isnt me..

i just jumped on the table, holds just fine. im 185cm 80kg btw
>>
>>1098882
>300 lbs
>average
Maybe if you're aboard the Axiom, or an American
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.