[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked is your workplace in a fire, /diy/? Pic related,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

How fucked is your workplace in a fire, /diy/?

Pic related, I'm dead.
>>
My place is a fire trap and I've brought it up with management a few times but they haven't done anything. It's a three story factory with about 100 people in it. There are five exits, but only one guy has the keys and he locks all but one when he leaves at 4pm. Nobody told me this my first day and it took ten minutes of trying all the doors before I got out. If a fire blocks our one and only exit things are going to go down like the happy land disaster.
>>
>>1097143
Carry a a .40 or something with you. Use in case of fire... Shoot out the locks. Fuck suffocation.
>>
>>1097144
I don't live in America. Guns have to stay at home.
>>
>>1097145
You can just report it to the authority and they will come down on it, usually
>>
>>1097143
Put up posters saying "Triangle Shirtwaist"
>>
Workplace is a truck with a 1/3 ton CO2 tank. I wouldn't really be worried.
>>
Not too bad. Worst things will be the flammable oils and fluids, acetylene tanks, and oxygen tanks all stored separately in different corners across the building right next to exits. As long as you don't try and dash past the fire if it's near one of those things you'll probably live.

>>1097144
That's dumb. Not only would it be hard to do with no guarantee it will work in a nonstressful situation especially if it's an inside the door lock vs a padlock but you'll also get hit with splatter that close

>>1097143
If the management is that worried about breakins or something have them install one way style locks where you can open from the inside but they stay locked on the outside. If they don't want to comply just call whatever equivalent of OSHA you guys have I'm sure they will gladly go apeshit on them
>>
File: radhaz.gif (7KB, 397x397px) Image search: [Google]
radhaz.gif
7KB, 397x397px
>>1097134
Not really, nothing around me burns.
Except the occasional bird that flies into the beam.
>>
File: pole dancing.jpg (1MB, 1772x3708px) Image search: [Google]
pole dancing.jpg
1MB, 1772x3708px
>>1097413
/me waves at /diy
>>
>>1097134
tons of cardboard boxes everywhere

im probably dead
>>
File: 20100117-14-12-32.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
20100117-14-12-32.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
OC, here you go.
>>
>>1097304
If you don't know how to properly shoot out a lock.. Don't fucking comment pretending you do. Scrub.
>>
>>1097426
>If you don't know how to properly shoot out a lock.. Don't fucking comment pretending you do. Scrub.

There is no "proper" way except with a breaching round or a slug. A pistol is feeble. Scrub.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-5-the-locks-o-truth/

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-25-breaching-rounds/
>>
>>1097134
lol same.

I work in a chemical manufacturing plant. If there's a fire, the firemen will just watch the burn. they won't even attempt to save anyone. They just hang around to make sure the fire doesn't spread to adjacent properties.
>>
File: 1368559187748.png (102KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1368559187748.png
102KB, 512x512px
>>1097426
oh shit, my bad i didnt realize we had a tier 1 navy seal with over 300 confirmed handgun lock shootings!
>>
>>1097416
>>1097413
What's it like being a tower climber? I always thought it could be a nice job, although fuck climbing ones like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uAVqzp2cAI
>>
>>1097304
>Not only would it be hard to do with no guarantee it will work in a nonstressful situation especially if it's an inside the door lock vs a padlock but you'll also get hit with splatter that close

If you're stuck in a burning building I think trying and failing beats the hell out of not trying. And taking a face full of spalling is far preferable to burning alive.

That said, call OSHA or the fire marshal, you shouldn't be reduced to a "I hope this works or I'm dead" situation because your boss is a retard.
>>
>apartment garage converted to workshop
>other than garage door that can be opened by hand, the only exit is through the adjoined pool pump room

Assuming the chemicals don't flatten the place the second they spark, I guess I'll find out how quickly a skilsaw can cut a man sized hole in 3/8 inch plywood until I hit a garage with an opener.
>>
>>1097762

It's fun. Just one part of my job which is designing and installing radio systems. In this case a microwave. What you can't see is that photo is taken from the next tower over. I'm already some 200ft up the tower on top of a mountain site. Wish I had some scenery to add but as you can tell it was cloudy as fuck up there. Makes the metal a bit slippery.

Honestly, you just have to be able to accept height and deal with the movement. Some towers will sway 6-10ft in high winds. They aren't gonna crumble even though your sphincter will claim otherwise. You should see these things when they are 5-6" deep in ice.

Once you get above 80ft or so it isn't a matter of dying if you fall, just how much time you have to look around as you do. You can't see it on that climb but I am safetied in with two hooks. That's the way you climb now on most jobs. I've fallen a few times, safety gear caught me. Just hung there like an idiot till someone threw me a line and pulled me back to the tower. (I was off on a sidearm).
>>
>>1097941
Sounds pretty great. I know that masts sway, and I've heard that it's really disorienting when you're 1000 feet up a 2000 foot mast, and both the ground and the sky are moving in different directions. What part of the US are you in?
>>
>>1097948
Central, but the jobs are all over the world.
Here's a good old trick to see if you can handle being up there wait for a day when they're just little clouds Blowing by back up to a telephone pole or a tall tower and look straight up the tower at the clouds your stomach will tell you where you need to be.
>>
>>1097985
Already done that, bby. When I was a kid, I'd stand under tall radio masts and stare at the top. I thought they were the coolest shit.
>>
Im dead, and buildings will be damaged up to 14 miles away.

Thats worst case scenario, fires happen, theyre just minor. Everything is outside except offices
>>
>>1097143
Complain to your local fire department, if you're not living in a third world country, they'll surely enforce a safe exit passage with fines as encouragement.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.