[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if I'm on the right board, but I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Not sure if I'm on the right board, but I don't know where else to go. I fucked up pretty bad (pick related) long story short, I went to move this thing to a standing position and it collapsed. The screws ripped right out of the shitty particle board. is there any way I can fix this shit? It isn't mine and I have to have it done within a couple of hours. Please help me bros.
>>
>particle board
you're pretty much fucked and with that damage even if you do fix it it'll look like shit
>>
a new one is probably only $20 at ikea. glue everything together when assembling the new one. nobody in their right mind is going to blame you for ripping apart a particleboard piece of shit
>>
>>1097036
Thanks anon, I was helping my parents move it to the bottom floor of their house. I don't think they care for aesthetics. Having this thing stand on its own is enough
>>
>>109703
>>1097036
They have
another one that matches. It's about 15 years old and ikea doesn't make the same model anymore.
>>
>>1097037
New one costs over 800 Canadian
>>
>>1097037
>nobody in their right mind is going to blame you for ripping apart a particleboard piece of shit
nope if they do tell them to get fucked. once that shit is put together there's a 99% chance it'll fall apart if you ever try to move it at all

hell just last week i pulled my desk out to clean behind it and the entire fucking thing collapsed. ruined my computer case and $350 monitor. built a new one myself out of oak so that shit never happens again
>>
>>1097041
that's like what $12.89US?
>>
>>1097043
Thanks for the support anon, but it's for my parents, and I don't have the money on hand to replace it.
>>
>>1097045
Well played anon
>>
Alright. Sounds like I'm fucked. I'm thinking about a DIY built in wardrobe to replace the Swedish cuck-board
>>
File: 311g14swB4L._SY300_.jpg (5KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
311g14swB4L._SY300_.jpg
5KB, 300x300px
There are two ways I'd suggest. First is using screws (or bolts even) with metal L brackets (pic related).
>>
File: cf_front_corner.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cf_front_corner.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
Second method is to use scrap lumber as an inside corner board to screw too.
>>
File: Corner-Bracket.jpg (130KB, 630x668px) Image search: [Google]
Corner-Bracket.jpg
130KB, 630x668px
>>1097058
Better pic google came up with.
>>
>>1097058
>>1097060
>>1097062
Fuck yeah that's what I was looking for. Thanks anon
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.