[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

diy I want to tie 360 LEDs together into 24 strings of 15 LEDs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

diy I want to tie 360 LEDs together into 24 strings of 15 LEDs. This is for an open source PAR lighting array.
I want to make them dimmable by the string, I have a 24 channel mosfet controller to adjust the voltage of the LED coming from a constant current supply.

I am concerned about dimming strings because I want to keep a good balance across the the circuit - what am I missing?
>>
PWM to dim instead.
>>
>>1096983

Just use current limiting resistors and a constant voltage power supply with PWM per string. Sacrifice some efficiency for easier design.
>>
>>1096995
>>1096989
I have already said I'm using pwm to dim with a mosfet controller.

I'm concerned about lowering the brightness on 1 string to 50% with the other strings on 100%, I want to control individual strings.

In my head I know its getting the same voltage, but for some reason the power restriction sounds an alarm off.
>>
>>1097087
What's your question then?
>>
>>1096983
> I want to keep a good balance across the the circuit

What does this even mean? What are you balancing?

>>1097087
> I have already said I'm using pwm to dim with a mosfet controller.
No what you said was "adjust the voltage of the LED"
>>
>>1097140
>What are you balancing?
He doesn't want the uneven number of electrons to unbalance the weight of it I think.
>>
>>1097087

You said you were using a constant current power supply.

The only way that can work is if you put all the strings in series and have the MOSFET short a string out to turn them off, which would require far too much voltage with all the strings burning.

So as I said, use constant voltage with current limiting resistors.
>>
>>1097170
I think he's worried about the variances in the number of emitted photons disturbing the internal balance of the system.
>>
>>1096983
please provide us with the driving circuit
I want to see at least the supply, the mosfet and LED string in it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.