[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I moved into a new place this year and it has an old, smallish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: condensation-006[1].jpg (493KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
condensation-006[1].jpg
493KB, 1920x1080px
I moved into a new place this year and it has an old, smallish barn. It's basically an oversized 2 car garage. I have placed all of my woodworking tools into it. It is uninsulated and the doors are just wood planks. It's winter time and the humidity is above 95% is its raining off and on. The roof and walls are good. No leaks. I went in this morning and everything is wet. The concrete floor has beads of water all over it and every metal surface does also. Even stuff that was under other stuff is wet. Clearly, I have a condensation problem. What are my options?
>>
>It is uninsulated and the doors are just wood planks

insulate.
>>
>>1096909
How well the insulation keep the moisture out of the air?
>>
>>1096913

It will keep your shed warmer and prevent moisture from condensing. When incoming outside air is warmer than in the shed.

Also a lot of the moisture probably comes up from the concrete as well, so a moisture blocking floor on top would likely help.
>>
>>1096919
>moisture blocking floor

Is that something I can paint or seal on? Some of the space will have vehicles driven on it and such and I wouldn't want it to get chewed up
>>
>>1096922
Yes paint is what youre looking for.
>>
>>1096904
this happens to my barn in the spring after the thaw, my solution is to open the doors and let the wind dry it out. Doesnt seem like this would work for you, so you need to get the moisture out of the air. use a dehumifier or a heater, also keep your tools oiled

>>1096919
>>1096922
>>1096926
i sealed my floor, and other than making it slippery as fuck when its wet, it didnt change anything
>>
>>1096909
>>1096919
>>1096922
>>1096926
This guys full of shit....
>>
>>1097072
t. 49 year old busrider who rents an apartment
>>
>>1096904
frank.geekheim.de/?p=2476
ventilate and heat
>>
>>1096904
Get some Boeshield or CRC marine protectant and hit every machined surface you don't want ruined. It will clean off easily when you establish your workshop.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.