[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an IBC tote like the one pictured. I want to attach PVC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1000.jpg (122KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
122KB, 1000x1000px
I have an IBC tote like the one pictured. I want to attach PVC pipe from the lower nozzle part to a different container. How do I go about doing that so it doesn't leak? I know literally nothing about plumbing.
>>
>>1096233
find out the thread size on the nozzle ( <some inch size national pipe thread probably> like 2" NPT)

go to home center and find a NPT thread to pvc coupler ( like a dollar or soemthing ) to the size pvc pipe you need

youll find in the same place pvc cement and primer packs - get one of those too
>>
>>1096249
Adding to anons post...
Here they call it an adapter
>https://www.lowes.com/pl/PVC-sch-40-fittings-PVC-pipe-fittings-Pipe-fittings-Plumbing/4294822013
Pipe sizes go by the inside, so measure the hole or make an impression of it on paper to take with you.
You can also get reducers to go to smaller pipe if you want to.

Cementing is pretty easy.
Coat both parts with primer, coat both parts with cement then don't disturb until it sets.
Use a union in it if you want it removable and bends will prevent you from unscrewing it.
>>
>>1096258
>Cementing is pretty easy.
>Coat both parts with primer, coat both parts with cement then don't disturb until it sets.
also when you push the two fittings together give it a 1/4 turn and hold for 30 seconds
>>
>>1096233
These things have a few different outputs. Some have national pipe thread fittings, some have gator-lock quick disconnects, other mystery fittings like 1/4 turn are less common but out there.. Either way, Tractor Supply and Farm & Fleet carry the correct mating parts. HD and Lowe's are a big nope. Hardware stores are a crap shoot depending on local demand. Once you connect to the valve, output with whatever you would like. I go gator-lock to 1" barb.
>>
>>1096544
Don't put glue on both ends, only the male end sliding in. If you glue both ends it will mash up the glue inside the pipe and restrict diameter, or if its a valve you can get glue in the moving parts.
>>
>>1097000
I only ever did abs pipe for a toilet because it was under a window and the tank had to be off to the side out of the way. Required 6 bends in total.
Instructions on the pot of cement was to coat both parts so that's what I did. Wipe the excess off the brush and there wasn't a problem. The first one I put too much cement on the brush and it oozed a bit so I cleaned it up with an old sock but all the fibres got stuck in the cement so I binned it and started again.
No problem with flow, it will stink a king Kong finger on the first flush.
So basically it's all about technique I think
>>
I've encountered three types of ends. 2in NPT, coarse thread(don't know the real term), and 2in camlock(sometimes the end of the cam will be threaded). It's 2in NPT, it will be easy, follow the advice already in the thread. If it's camlock, either find an adapter online or Farm and Tractor Supply has them. It's it coarse thread, you'll need to find it online. I use JME Sales for that. They also have the camlock adapters.
>>
>>1098093
Found some of the adapters you might need.
jmesales dot com catalog ibcs-totes-tank-accessories,7285.htm
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.