[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a few project I want to pursue. >Getting off Cub cadet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: DICKDICKDICKDIDCK.jpg (3MB, 2888x3108px) Image search: [Google]
DICKDICKDICKDIDCK.jpg
3MB, 2888x3108px
Got a few project I want to pursue.
>Getting off Cub cadet engine case

>homemade MRE

How would i go about making a trilaminate retort pack? Just JB weld some plastic to some thick aluminum? Add flux gel and heat?
>>
>>1095655
>How would i go about making a trilaminate retort pack? Just JB weld some plastic to some thick aluminum? Add flux gel and heat?
From Wikipedia:
A retort pouch is a type of food packaging made from a laminate of flexible plastic and metal foils.

So no, do not weld plastic and thick aluminum. Visit the wiki page, it's got it's own "Construction" section that'll help you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retort_pouch
>>
>>1095946
Did a few wiki-jumps and I got to say, I'm much more interested in the flameless ration heater - seems simple enough to make:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flameless_ration_heater

tl;dr - Contents are just precisely measured water, table salt, super fine iron shavings, and super fine magnesium shavings. The salt dissolves in water, making each iron and magnesium particle to become a battery. When the iron parts touch the magnesium parts these micro-batteries short-circuit and generate heat.
>>
>Getting off Cub cadet engine case

See garden tractor forums and specify the ENGINE make and model as well as the tractor model. You can find manuals online for most common engines.

Google "cub cadet forums". There is plenty of info out there for those popular machines.
>>
>>1095947
Nice the FRH is half the reason I wanted to do this.

Poor /fit/I/k/in college student who needs to store as much food for the next 4 years as cheaply as possible.

So im guessing its aluminum sheet covered in PP OR PE and then nylon. Cut and bonded with more sealant and filled.

>>1095949
Now its a matter of finding out what engine it is.
I don't even know what mower it came from. Thanks
>>
>>1095947
Make sure to use "a rock or something", like the instructions say.
>>
>>1096056
>Poor /fit/I/k/in college student who needs to store as much food for the next 4 years as cheaply as possible.

Store food which does not require cooking. Cooking in many cases is a time wasting ritual, especially if in survival mode. There's good reason most MRE heaters get discarded instead of used. They work, but it's faster to eat then get back to something useful.

The most convenient way to heat food is a microwave oven unless in survival mode in which case make like the animals and eat it raw. You can get gud cooking out of a microwave with some practice.

Efficent use of effort and resources is key to living cheaply or efficiently or both. All time you waste fucking about is time you could have spent more usefully, so think before playing to help play support useful outcomes.
>>
File: 1461167996552.jpg (227KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1461167996552.jpg
227KB, 853x1280px
>>1097473
>Efficent use of effort and resources is key to living cheaply or efficiently or both. All time you waste fucking about is time you could have spent more usefully, so think before playing to help play support useful outcomes.

Fore thought. I like it. although I can't entirely see how much it would cost to make a homemade MRE. To be able to package some rice and Adobo would be miraculous.

Pls accept some workplace safe softcore
>>
>>1096056
MREs cheaply

You are a fucking retard

Do you see soldiers eating MREs in the mess hall?

No, because even with all of the resources of the military it was determined to only be cost effective if you have no access to basic amenities

You have water, you have room for a microwave, you even have room for a tiny fridge, it will be cheaper to make your own food in your dorm
>>
>>1097794
I was in the US Army for 4 years. Eating a fucking PB&J in your room was preferable to eating in the Defac most days. The food was nasty. If anyone here is planning on going military, don't get sent to Ft. Hood, TX. The place is a shithole. Do yourself a favor and go Air Force.

Also, real MREs, which have 24 different meals, get old really fast. They are not good tasting in the best of times. They have improved over the years but, outside of the novelty of it, they are not great. Once that wears off you see them for what the are. A month or two of eating MREs and you are about ready to kill yourself.
>>
My first MREs were old during Desert Storm. They sucked much worse than C rations which I found rather good including the infamous ham and lima beans. I could comfortably live on later vintage MREs and basically did on deployments because I prefer to eat for fuel and be done with it. Kosher and vegetarian additions are IMO decent.

Many G.I.s who eat utter crap in CONUS bitch about everything at the DFAC but some people complain if they are having an orgasm.

Making your own MREs is fucking stupid unless you are Natick Labs. Traditional canning and preservation is much better, has many recipes and is well understood. It goes back to the 1800s at least.

A microwave is the most versatile cooking tool after "fire".

Old time cookbooks are worth a read. People figured out cheap, tasty food long ago. 4chan has some smart people on /fit/ who figured out how to maintain gainz with not much money.

I eat well and don't eat a lot so I don't get fat. I eat large in the morning, light snack in the afternoon and very little in the evening. Never eat for comfort and avoid the sugary food rush/crash cycle.
>>
>>1097794
Except at drills they give us MRE's to eat...
>>
>>1099448
Chow halls do serve T-rations along with commercial food so the T-rats don't expire before use. MREs seem to disappear before they get close to expiry.

It is a mystery.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.