[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/, /o/ here. Wanted to know if you guys had ever built

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7077.jpg (106KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7077.jpg
106KB, 768x1024px
Hello /diy/, /o/ here.
Wanted to know if you guys had ever built a can crusher?

I have some leftover wood i was going to toss but figured i could make something handy.
I want to build a can crusher so i can give it to my dad since hes on the older side now and hes having trouble bending to reach crushed cans from off the ground.

I have the tools and a little bit of carpentry experience
(mostly putting up safety handrails and forms for concrete pours).

Im trying to find plans but i keep running into those Pay-to-see-Plans websites.

Any help?
>>
>>1095139
Well, you could skip the bullshit and bail.

YouTube pneumatic can crusher or build dis https://youtu.be/1WqrLAE7VZw
>>
>>1095162
Cant build anything too big and he doesnt have enough cans to warrant building a rig like in the vid.
Thought about going the pneumatic route but that would require me buying him an air compressor and i know he cant be fucked with that.

I have a set of old shocks i took off my truck, any way i can retrofit them for can crushing duty?
>>
not when you live somewhere with deposit
>>
>>1095139
But how are you going to get your deposit back?
>>
Anyone else see a smirking face on the can?

Or am I just freaking out?
>>
>>1095263
I see the old, vastly superior Pepsi logo
Thats about it
>>
>>1095139
>Any help?
Can crushers can be mechanically very simple. You should be able to design one yourself. Just make sure that you design it so that the crushed can is dropped automatically in a bin when the lever is raised. Much nicer than handling crushed and possibly wet cans.
>>
https://youtu.be/S5wlIyhFvqI?t=123
>>
File: IMG_0625.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0625.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
Build a wall and the Mexicans will crush them for you on their way down when they hop over
>>
File: jeff the sales manager.jpg (955KB, 4275x2405px) Image search: [Google]
jeff the sales manager.jpg
955KB, 4275x2405px
>>1095162
>pnuematic
>>
I've been coming to /diy/ for years and I'm still stunned when someone needs plans to build a lever.
>>
Any particular reason to compact cans? Are you folks paying per volume for garbage services?
>>
File: 1458658492510.gif (1MB, 224x178px) Image search: [Google]
1458658492510.gif
1MB, 224x178px
Tell the lazy bastard to crush them by hand and put them in a bag. No need for a crusher.
>>
Why crush them when you can MELT them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSoWxG30rb0
>>
>>1095778
Cans can be sold to recycling centers for the aluminum. Uncompacted cans make this much more of a hassle than it needs to be, and maybe not worth the gas of making the trip. Compacting the cans lets you make fewer, more profitable trips.
>>
>can crushers

is it too hard to just twist and crush the can by hand?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.