[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building a new work desk, and I want to know how tall I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (4KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
4KB, 276x183px
Building a new work desk, and I want to know how tall I should make it. As a tall guy (6'5"), I find most desks are a little low especially when I am doing intricate work like soldering and half to bend down

Are there any rules of thumb when making a custom desk/work bench about how tall it should be? Should I measure myself when sitting from the floor to somewhere on my chest? Or just build it and feel it out

pic somewhat related, I'm still haven't decided on any details tho
>>
Oh and I don't want to buy anything, just gonna slap some plywood and 2x4 together so I can drill and cut as I please
>>
OP here,

also i want to make it out of pallets that i stole from the back of harbor freight
>>
OP here again is there any way I can build this into an underground shipping container?
>>
OP here again, I've decided i don't really want to DIY, i just want you to tell me what to buy.
>>
>>1094655
>>1094658
>>1094661

found the carpenter (⌐□_□)
>>
The height should be to the top of your dick
>>
I would say you should get a height adjustment desks it's what I use and I love it for most of my work.
>>
>>1094650
The old rule of thumb for woodworkers is the old rule of thumb.
The height of the workbench should be about the height of your thumb when you're standing straight with your arms at your side. This is the height that will let you easily manipulate and grab things on the table without stooping.

6'4" woodworker bro here. I would think you would want to get a chair and sit @ closer visibility when soldering though.
>>
Sit down. Measure from the floor to the top of your knee. Add 3 inches. There's your desk leg height.
>>
When you sit upright, you should be able to just see over to topmost part of your computer screen. Thats your perfect height.
>>
>>1094650
exactly 130 cm.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.