[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone have any experience testing for heavy metals in their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: lead.jpg (30KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
lead.jpg
30KB, 321x322px
does anyone have any experience testing for heavy metals in their work?

i'm currently in the process of repainting an older boat trailer. the frame is steel and the paint is well on its way to flaking off the frame. normally for this job, i would just get a wire wheel, put it on a grinder, and start stripping. i always find myself worried, though, that i'm working with a lead based paint. i've already ordered the stick in the pic.

even if i'm not, are there products out there that allow me to collect paint dust as i'm stripping it from a surface?
>>
> biyng a lead paint tester
why do poeple buy this serious
Just us the lick and sweet metod
I've been doing ti for the last 10 year and i never had to spend adime on this shit like this
>>
>>1094578

i'd always heard lead tastes sweet
>>
I'd go with a 3M mouth cover, and use excentic grinder, with the dust bag attached.
>>
when i was taking the paint right back to the metal on my Vespa i had a mate hold the nozzle of an old vacuum cleaner close to the wire wheel. we were working in a small shed and i didn't want the hassle of clearing dust from every nook and cranny before spray painting, worked well enough for me.

how old is the trailer? lead based paints were finished globally by the mid 80's if i recall corrctly
>>
>>1094577
>even if i'm not, are there products out there that allow me to collect paint dust as i'm stripping it from a surface?

like a vacuum?
>>
i test to make sure there IS lead in my solder

i hate lead free
>>
>>1094581
>>1094578
white lead (lead carbonate) tastes sweet.

red lead (lead oxide) doesn't taste of anything much.
>>
How old is older op?

Paint shouldn't last 40 years on a trailer it's probably been repainted multiple times
>>
if it flakes of you could use a strong pressure washer

water=no dust
>>
I just take shit like that to my local monument shop and have them sandblast it. Fuck stripping a trailer manually, and though I can afford a gas driven compressor and a commercial blast pot sandblasting still sucks.

Some jobs are best cheaply outsourced and blast prep is the way to go for trailers. Forget home sand blast kits. They exist to piss off users.
>>
>>1094681
that's because you're shit at soldering.
>>
>>1095742
While that might be true, it is also true that leaded solder works better.
>>
>>1095742
I use lead free rosin core often for projects at home but i use leaded at work and there definitely is a major difference in quality, no matter your skill level
>>
those 3m lead testers have a 60% of reading positive even if theres no lead btw
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.