[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy chink PSU for LED lighting(looks like pic related) for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: KPS100-300x300.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
KPS100-300x300.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>buy chink PSU for LED lighting(looks like pic related) for extremely cheap
>take it home, wire it up
>it works
>but there's no continuity between the earth pin and the chassis

Should I ground it myself with a piece of wire, or is it okay?
>>
Ground it urself op
>>
it's a low-voltage circuit. you gain nothing by grounding it, coz ground is supposed to be a protective shield, in case the live side touches something. if you have no live, you need no ground.
>>
>>1094418
There is a live though. It's 110/220 VAC to 12 VDC
>>
>>1094380
Just want to point out that your pic related is actually fairly good considering their proce. I use them a lot at work. Never noticed the chassis-ground discontinuety, but then again i've never checked. Ground it if you want to.
>>
File: laptop charger.png (676KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
laptop charger.png
676KB, 1200x1200px
>There is a live though. It's 110/220 VAC to 12 VDC

no, dude, not at the business end where you're gonna be working with it, and touching it. same as a laptop charger, only a small percentage bring the ground out to the low-voltage side.
>>
>>1094444
Don't listen to him, ground it. If something were to go loose on the inside then the case could go live.
>>
>>1094380
of course the simple answer is to ground the case however you should ask yourself why isn't the case already grounded?
make sure there is high resistance >>>Mohm between the live/neutral and the case. if there is a detectable resistance between case and input then grounding the case might actually just cause you problems and inevitably someone will do something stupid to treat the symptom rather than the cause.
really what you SHOULD do is send it back but we all know that isn't happening and i don't blame you just don't give it to anyone that could hurt themselves with it.
>>
>>1094444
kek seems to demand a sacrifice
since he is using his power of quads to convince us
to follow this faggots advice and burn down our homes
>>
>>1094444
Look at the pic.

L N G - - + +

Line and neutral are right next to the low voltage outputs.

Ground it OP. Probably pretty easy to open it up and correct the issue. It probably was something missed or broken during the manufacturing.
>>
>>1094380
Different question from someone else, do those commonly use constant current if sold as LED PSU?
>>
>>1094563
Well the op shows voltage output and importantly a voltage adjust trimmer, so out would be fair to say this is a voltage source rather than a current source.
A driver specifically marketed as an led driver could be either.
>>
>>1094380
>>1094563

Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and say: maybe don't solder the ground to the chassis.

I imagine it's supposed to be a class 2 device, but according to any civilized standard it would be classified as a death trap.

a class 2 device shouldn't need grounding, and you shouldn't really be touching a class 1 device when it's in operation. what you can do is you buy an RCD, wire your LNG through that, and wire the output ground to the chassis. don't do it through your breaker box like you described.

because if you do, and you don't know your shit, and the shit in your breaker box is all fucked, and your washing machine has a short, you're gonna ger infibrilated by your 12v led PSU.
>>
>>1094630

a better idea would be for you and OP to take a huge chill pill and stop acting like Chicken Little's. i cant image what fits of hysteria you two would throw if you realized that your fridge is ungrounded. along with your vacuum cleaner, desk lamp, desk fan, pedestal fan, TV, DVD player, set-top box, cable box, paper shredder, stereo, surround-sound, alarm clock, house phone, electric shaver, electric toothbrush, air cleaner, coffee machine, alarm system, and rice cooker. not to mention the 20 wall-warts you have for your phone, laptop, bluetooth speakers, police scanner, modem, router, headphones, external hard disks, etc.

your houses must be burning down 20 times a year under these conditions.
>>
>>1094563

No. They're generally still constant voltage. LED string lights often come with their own buck converter.
>>
>>1094380
use it as a loofah in the bath tub.
>>
thread hijack. I have an S-180-12 that immediately blows the internal fuse under no load. The problem started when a case screw made contact with an unused trace which subsequently exploded. any recommendations?
>>
>>1097273
If the trace exploded on contact with the screw, then it most likely wasn't unused. Either way, it sounds like you ruined one or more of the mains side semiconductors.
>>
>>1094426
Blast it with hotglue
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.