[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/, I'd like to ask you a question. I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: question.jpg (225KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
225KB, 852x1136px
Hello /diy/, I'd like to ask you a question.

I'm trying to make an exterior bar counter, so the part you are looking at is working/eating planes with legs in them. The entire piece is foldable, meaning that each part can be separated.

Is there any way to fix those mini holes in pic related, to keep the ability of separation? I mean those where you can see the "radius" is actually bigger.

It is made of oak plywood.
>>
File: question 2.jpg (228KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
question 2.jpg
228KB, 852x1136px
Bump with second pic.
>>
>>1094099

Someone had a shitty router jig. You can clean it up with a router and a proper jig. I think that's what you're asking.
>>
>>1094109
Yeah, it was all done with most primitive technologies, as I had no other tools to use.

I was looking for more of a visual solution. I've read somewhere that you can mix epoxy with splinters and repair it like that, but I'm not sure if I remember it correctly.

If I did it, it would probably glue those parts together right?
>>
>>1094132

You can use epoxy but it'll look like shit in my opinion. Epoxy and resins are great for exterior wood that will be painted.

I think your best bet is a filler than you can stain, eg. damn near all of them. Patch, let dry, sand, patch, let dry, sand, etc. until you get it where you want it.

You can also use it to fix those little nicks in the wood along the length of the cut. If you do it right, it'll be very hard to notice. If you're going to stain the wood, it'll be damn near invisible.

Since it's going to be a high contact area, don't buy some cheap shit. And let it FULLY cure before you start sanding and shaping it.
>>
>>1094141
Thanks, appreciated
>>
>>1094096
>meaning that each part can be separated

it is is meant to be repeatedly taken apart, filler is not going to last
>>
>>1094279

Yes it will. We used filler on slapsticks that we used to lift safes with. We were rough as fuck with them. Quality filler lasts.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.