[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /diy/. I'm trying to generate some torque using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

Greetings /diy/. I'm trying to generate some torque using copper couplings of various sizes, like 1 and 2". The idea is that I'll sharpen them, and the rotation will be used to cut holes in soft material. I can use my hands to rotate the piece and cut well enough, but I'd like to speed up the process, and if I could somehow attach the coupling to a dremel, it would be amazing, I'm just not quite sure how I'd do it.
>>
>>1093676
like a hole saw?
>>
>>1093679

That might just work anon. Do they make small sizes with fine teeth? Im looking into it now, everything has jagged teet, feel like that would shred the material im cutting
>>
>>1093683
what are you cutting?
>>
>>1093683

What are you cutting and why can't you use a punch? i.e. sharpen the rim of a tube and hammer it down into the material.
>>
>>1093685
>>1093686

Open cell foam

>>1093686

Biggest problem with that is it would compress and distort the foam, and make the hole wonky
>>
>>1093676
1-2"? Best suggestion I would have is to fabricate a bracket that attaches to one end of the cylinder, connect it to a 1/2" socket extension, and put it in the chuck of a drill. You could either sweat or rivet the bracket on to avoid nuts and bolts protruding and eating up the foam if you go too deep
>>
>>1093690

Hmmm, yeah that might work.

What if I did a little a bit of ghettorigging, and attached that copper coupling on a some sort of cutting disc with JB weld?
>>
>>1093688
>>1093696
Easiest(most expensive way) is to use an expanding ID collet
>>
>>1093676

Just hit the back of it with a mallet and punch it out
>>
>>1093688
>Open cell foam
Strap an old hacksaw blade along the edge and it should rip through pretty smartly
>>
>>1093676

Anon is making a foam vagina
>>
Get a hole saw for less than 10 bucks at your home improvement store. Maybe even 5 bucks if you have the right chuck lying around. It'll cut through wood, plastic, carcasses and even your foam vagina material
>>
Grab a hole saw of the same OD, cut a disc of whatever solid material you have on hand. Epoxy the disc into the copper tube and then a metal dowel or tube into the hole where the center bit of the hole saw was, and now you've got a copper hole saw.

Won't be the most precise tool in the world, but it shouldn't matter that much with big holes in soft foam.
>>
>>1093742

/thread
>>
>>1093676
>attach the coupling to a dremel, it would be amazing
Not for long - 2" unbalanced copper coupling spinning at 10,000 RPM.
>>
>>1093698
this
>>
benis in boam bagina XDDDDDD
>>
>>1093789

Anon you brilliant bastard, thats what I'll do
>>
Perhaps you could heat up the copper tube and melt through the foam, akin to a hot wire cutter?
>>
>>1094087
depends on what kind of open cell foam, could release cyanide gas
>>
>>1094087

I used a soldering gun with a brass rod and it worked well enough. Oddly though eventually it stopped cutting it. I think the copper became oxidized or the soldering gun went to shit. There's a level of heat that cuts it very well, but there's also a point past that were it spits toxic smoke in the air. I probably need to figure out why it won't cut, ill need that method for a few different things
>>
>>1094118
What the fuck are you building, anon?
>>
>>1094147

Transport trays for miniatures, kek. They're stupidly expensive to buy premade
>>
>>1093688
Op i work with foam all day easiest way to get it nice and smooth is a hotwite you can even make them
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.