[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got two big heatsinks for an old bitcoin miner, what is something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: a_thermalright_hr-02_cpu_cooler.jpg (28KB, 404x459px) Image search: [Google]
a_thermalright_hr-02_cpu_cooler.jpg
28KB, 404x459px
I got two big heatsinks for an old bitcoin miner, what is something I can use them for? I can't use them in an actual PC because I'm missing mobo mounts
>>
>>1093262
...what do you own that requires heat removal?
>>
You should use it as a heatsink

Or you can sell it for scrap

Or you can shove it and this thread up your ass
>>
>>1093296
>Or you can shove it and this thread up your ass
how does one shove a thread up OPs ass?

does he print it out?
should he 3d print it and shove it rectally?
>>
>>1093310
Or forge if from aluminium cans
>>
dont mind me just testing
>>
File: router cooler.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
router cooler.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
>>1093262
>I can't use them in an actual PC because I'm missing mobo mounts
Artic makes 2 part epoxy thermal adhesive, so you can glue the coolers to any chip.
Having said that, put one in your router, pic related, and put the other one on your raspberry pi.
>>
>>1093324
*Arctic
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009IQ1BU/
>>
>>1093262
Put a peltier junction on it, add cnc machined cup holder out of best metal, use to chill can of Mt Dew.
>>
>>1093324
>2 part epoxy thermal adhesive
Is this some modern way of removing chips without using heat?
>>
>>1093262

put it in water

connect power resistors

know you have a good size electric load
>>
>>1093332
its for putting heatsinks on hot things, its supposedly more efficient and than thermal tape, and the bond is much stronger
>>
>>1093332
>>1093338

I used that shit to put a CPU heatsink on a 100W LED chip from China. Works a treat.

Only thing that worries me is that I probably can't seperate them when the LED fails.
>>
>>1093342
if the LED fails then it doesn't matter if you destroy it. Just rip it apart, the chip will break before the metal heatsink will. Use sandpaper to remove the crud and the heatsink is ready to be reused.
>>
>>1093350

How do you pry them apart though? Put a chisel between the heatsink and LED and hammer away?
>>
>>1093354
Didn't you say the LED was Chinese? Just sneeze on it a few times.
>>
File: 1468430120579.jpg (33KB, 366x321px) Image search: [Google]
1468430120579.jpg
33KB, 366x321px
>>1093262
Does it get hot in summer where you live? Turn it upside down and you've got a cooling pad for your testicles.
>>
>>1093406
You are implying that there are other leds that aren't Chinese?
>>
>>1093330
This is actually genious
>>
>>1093262
Monster led heatsink
>>
File: dildoheater.png (61KB, 375x275px) Image search: [Google]
dildoheater.png
61KB, 375x275px
>>1093262
Get a peltier device, attach it to your heatsink, and use it to heat or cool something. They're interesting to play with. Should be pretty powerful with a sink like that.

...because the only thing worse than a shitty thread is faggots only posting shitty responses
>>
>>1093310
Hahahaha. Print it out and litteraly shove up ass.

/diy/ where there is a will there is a way
>>
>>1093572
I've spent a week trying to coil copper tubing for this. Thanks anon
>>
>>1093262
Design a miniature hotrod around it and put it in the engine block.
>>
>>1093262
>I can't use them in an actual PC because I'm missing mobo mounts

I solve those problems by placing a dot of thermal paste on the proc then ringing the area with a generous amount of epoxy sufficient to hold the heatsink to the motherboard. Put some weight on the cooler and let cure.

Ghetto, but processors and mobos are disposable so after the first build they can stay together unto death.
>>
>>1093324
>thermal adhesive
Also known as regular silicone.
>>
>>1093262
Build a weaponized laser
And you know. cool the hardware with a cpu fan
attached to that.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.