[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come no other tool maker can match Wera and Knipex in ~AestheticS~?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: PMC3Hij.jpg (240KB, 1151x970px) Image search: [Google]
PMC3Hij.jpg
240KB, 1151x970px
How come no other tool maker can match Wera and Knipex in ~AestheticS~?

Do you own any Wera or Knipex tools? Which ones are you most pleased with? Post pics of your collections here.
>>
>>1092865
Pretty sure your "aesthetics" is just acquired taste from know they are better quality and have a generally better finish.

Also beadblasting generally looks better than no finish.
>>
File: tools.jpg (529KB, 1602x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tools.jpg
529KB, 1602x1000px
>>1092865
PB Swiss Tools > Wiha > Wera

I'm with you on Knipex though
>>
>>1092865
Those knipex pliers. Always springy and feel like I'm gonna snap them.

Handles touch.

Monster mutherfucker or grip on any nut.

Sharp teeth.

Wanna fuckit /10
>>
>>1092883
A house down payments worth of screwdrivers.
>>
>>1092883
do they do jobs better 100 times than cheap ones?
>>
>>1092865
Screwdrivers are screwdrivers. As long as they don't snap like HF ones do, they're as good as wera.
>>
File: 3021_04.jpg (31KB, 705x298px) Image search: [Google]
3021_04.jpg
31KB, 705x298px
>>1092900
>A house down payments worth of screwdrivers.
about $150 for >>1092883

>>1092901
>do they do jobs better 100 times than cheap ones?
obviously not, but they don't have to
as so often in life the 80-20 rule applies, you can get 80% of the quality for 20% of the price
I still consider them a good purchase because the pleasure of working with quality tools
and the saved frustration (especially with slotted screws, their parallel tips (pic related) are goat)
are well worth the extra money to me
>>
>>1092883
>>1092865
Mirin.
>>
>>1092865
Op you fucking buy nice tools if you want, what's the alternative, spend it on other useless shite? Or give it to charity? Fuck that di what makes you happier
>>
>>1092865
trade dress protection.
Somehow, I actually have a single wera hex driver. 2mm.
>>
File: 1479335033424.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1479335033424.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>1092912
That flathead is the most gimmicky thing I've ever seen.
There is pleasure in working with good tools, but there is pleasure in using old shitty antique tools too.

There is also pleasure in using a tool that just werks. Especially if it didn't cost you a measurable portion of your paycheck.
>>
>>1093058
>That flathead is the most gimmicky thing I've ever seen.

Nope. Wedge style flathead screwdrivers a shit so they de-wedged the tip.

Hollow ground are best but they at least ground the engagement area flat. Corner removal is interesting to engage more reinforced area of some screws, but common screws are utter shit best replaced.
>>
>>1093061
the engagement area is actually hollow ground, their marketing rendering just doesn't accurately depict that
the corner removal is for countersunk screws, so you can utilize the full slit length
>>
>>1092865
Made in Germany my friend.
>>
>>1092883

I have a Wiha precision set. I have bought A LOT of precisions sets over the years that have failed, but the Wiha has not.
>>
>>1093151
W I H A
I
H
A
>>
File: SSDMR4BO.jpg (62KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
SSDMR4BO.jpg
62KB, 500x390px
German tool manufacturing industry BTFO

Blown the fuck out
L
O
W
N
>>
>>1092865
Knipex is expensive as fuck but they make the best tools I have ever held in my hands. I use them daily (wire processing, creating wire harnesses) and their cutting pliers go through everything like it was butter.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.