[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please help. I saw a movie, that a guy could (While watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

please help. I saw a movie, that a guy could (While watching tv in his bedroom) see the doorbell cam IN his TV and could open the door (while tv chanel is in the background)... Anyone know this system ? thanks anons
>>
Movie bullshit
>>
>>1092244

This. You could patch together something, but no system exists like this. You could do picture in picture on your TV to display the video from a Webcam you have outside your door. You would have to do that manually though. Then you could buy one of those remote control deadbolts and unlock it from your phone when you see someone that you want to let in.
>>
>>1092225
Modded Roku
>>
> You could patch together something, but no system exists like this.

it's quite common where i live. condo buildings will sign a deal with a cable provider that, in exchange for exclusivity, will also install a door-entry system, and video monitoring of the entrance. in other words, if you tune to channel such-and-such, you can see who's ringing your doorbell.

personally i do this on a DELL2408WFP monitor. it has PIP so i can watch my door while i surf the web. so i never have to get up for mormons.
>>
what kind of tv have you got?
what is your existing doorbell video system (if there is one) - just, model/number/make of video monitor, is it a standard video plug or hardwired system?

Principle, its gotta be easy enough - assuming you can patch PIP on your TV to any source, and camera monitor has a standard video feed, more or less a qauestion of extending cables then. If no existing door video, I'd prob go for a wireless setup.
>>
>>1092225

http://www.htpcbeginner.com/kodi-security-cam-xeoma-video-surveillance-software/
>>
TV has to be PIP capable from all video sources then go to eBay and look for wireless camera radio. This means you only have to get power to the camera and it communicates wirelessly with a receiver that plugs into your TV.
>>
>>1092274
do u live in the uk ?
>>
>>1092282
I own a Bravia XBR but I could purchase another tv, money is no problem
>>
Picture in Picture is the technology used to display two different video on screen.

Main TV is connected to regular cable/antenna setup. The other line is connected to a feed from the camera system via wireless hdmi dongle (like chromecast/roku/countless cheap chinese knockoff etc). Those are like $20-30 bucks

1. Set up a wireless camera system to monitor door.
2. Link the wireless video data to be shown on the dongle cast system
3. Enable PiP to display the second HDMI display (with dongle)

Its not magic, its pretty simple to setup really.
>>
File: drr.jpg (53KB, 1284x617px) Image search: [Google]
drr.jpg
53KB, 1284x617px
>>1092377
Here's a image of it to simplify it
>>
File: screen1.jpg (109KB, 1280x586px) Image search: [Google]
screen1.jpg
109KB, 1280x586px
>>
File: screen 2.jpg (153KB, 1280x586px) Image search: [Google]
screen 2.jpg
153KB, 1280x586px
and FROM the tv HE OPENS the door its not just a video feed...
>>
>>1092389
So what? Its a fucking remote.

You've never seen a remote door opener?
>>
>>1092389

Universal remote and home automation.

Just find some company who does home automation and HTPC installation and throw money at them to do this for you.

Or educate yourself.
>>
>>1092389

Just buy one of those WiFi deadbolts and use your phone to unlocked it when the people come.
>>
>>1092403
Heck, I use my phone as a universal remote.
Wink hub, zigbee doodads, thermostat, cams, etc.
Though I don't care for wink needing the mothership to work. Considering building my own controller using the open source that's out there.
>>
Learn how PIP works

Some tvs can do it with two different input sources
>>
>>1092225
Pretty sure ring and other video doorbells do this with roku/amazon/android apps. Check the specific video doorbell you are looking at.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.