[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What possess some DIY'ers to be real cunts? I was installing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: lololol.jpg (69KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
lololol.jpg
69KB, 960x720px
What possess some DIY'ers to be real cunts? I was installing some sprinkler lines at my house yesterday and also found my gas line. What drives a fuck to be this lazy and negligent of their install?
>>
>>1092014
holly shit what are the regulation over ther is the pipe the property od the gas company? that thing shoudl be remade - buried deep
>>
>>1092017
I'm not exactly sure what the depth is, I would assume at least 18 inches at the minimum. Sadly this is my side of the meter and I would have to foot the bill. I would really like to sit the installer down in a chair and rip out teeth for this.
>>
>>1092023

Lol no. West coast US it's 3 feet minimum.
>>
>>1092014

Fuck. That's horrible. I don't know what regulations are in my area but I had my gas lines marked before I dug for a drain. I went a good foot and a half down and still never found it.
>>
>>1092014
just get a couple loads of fill and heap it up on where the gas line is located, never mind the ungodly eyesore it will look like.

be thankful its not PVC, your situation sucks, but it could be a lot worse. some people don't know when to get professional help.

i can tear apart a fuel oil boiler or furnace and not worry one bit, but i won't touch the gas line from my tanks to the stove. i know how to do it safe, and how to check for leaks. i wouldn't sleep always wondering if i fucked up even after checking everything 4 times. lol i even know its left hand thread. i just feel safer having a pro do it, plus they pressure test the line at the tank to check for leaks and don't rely on the color changing soap test.
>>
>>1092023
Pretty sure you can make the installer pay for it since their work is without a doubt against code. Might take some legal doings but I'm sure you could make it happen if you tried
>>
>>1092032
>plus they pressure test the line at the tank to check for leaks and don't rely on the color changing soap test.
Why not just use megabubble?
>>
>>1092014
That's called convenience, my friend. When you hit it with a shovel, the future home owner can fix it easily, assuming you were burnt to a crisp when a spark lit the gas.
>>
Your trailer park has no code restrictions
>>
>>1092014
Did you call diggers hotline before you started this project OP?
>>
>>1092036
I have no idea when this was done. Probably when the house was built in the 80s

>>1092211
No I wasn't expecting to find a gas line 3 inches under the dirt.
>>
>>1092222
>he didn't call 'call before you dig'

Shit like this is the reason these services you exist. If you live in the city/any land you didn't develop yourself, always call that shit before doing any major digging.
>>
>>>1092211
>No I wasn't expecting to find a gas line 3 inches under the dirt.
This guy.
>>
>>1092222
Nice quads.

80's, possibly, but I'd expect black pipe for then.

At any rate consider yourself lucky you found it this way rather than with a tiller or some other dig. You have to fix it by code.

Disclaimer.. check local code..

May as well figure out where it goes in the house and dig it up. You might be lucky and it has floated. Depending on the soil, plastic pipe will float. Dig a new home for it and after it's in there cover it with sand, clay, then a tracer wire (minimum AWG 14) and soil.
I like to use the yellow GAS tape with the tracer in it.

Bring up one end above the ground at the building wall or with the riser and tie it off.
>>
>>1092232

>major digging
>>
>>1092032

>lol i even know its left hand thread

Maybe in the states that is some trade secret but in the rest of the world everyone's 11 year old daughter knows this.
>>
File: fuuuuuuu.jpg (61KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
fuuuuuuu.jpg
61KB, 500x697px
>>1092211
They're supposed to be a bit deeper than 7cm so Bob Homeowner doesn't accidentally beast-fuck it with a shovel putting in his geraniums and anyone going much deeper than regs (500mm where I live) is probably burying a dismembered hooker already has enough problems of their own.
>>
Could it be that dirt has eroded away over time.

One corner of my property has loss several inches due to this.

Not defending the installer but could be a sign of something different.
>>
>>1092232
I doubt anyone would consider 3 inches to be ``major digging''
>>
>>1092014
When I bought my trailer I wasn't really paying much attention. The roof flashing is flat on a corrugated metal roof so shit is building up and causing water to pool. The waterline from the main was zigzagged over roots and is barely a couple inches deep. I already fixed it at the roots but didn't bury the line deeper yet. The guys that lived her before put sheetrock over panelling and then panelling over sheetrock. Gained a couple inches when I tore some of the walls down. The fucked incorrect flashing has me all sorts of irritated but I am going to get the trailer park to fix that. They have already agreed to it I just have to bug them. There is an addition also that was built on the side made out of fucking 1x2s and 1x4s. Fucking what. I just redid the entire addition and shored it up with 2x4s where I could.
>>
>>1092453
It isn't. Major digging is anything deeper than 12 inches.
>>
>>1092379
lololol

how much does that cost the digger?
>>
>>1092440
Defiantly no erosion, at least nothing more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
>>
>>1092211
>diggers hotline
they only locate on the service side, not the user side
>>
>>1092652
Down here they'll locate anything hot in the requested area, with an 18 inch margin for com, gas and 110, 12" for 220 and power company lines.

Keeping in mind though, half the people doing the marking only mark power to the meter, gas and city water lines to the shutoff valve, based off schematics and plans with minimal confirmation.
>>
>>1092670
It's about liability more than anything. If you're using equipment where it should be safe and hit something, it's not you're fault and the company that marked it has to pay.
>>
>>1092505
about three-fiddy
>>
>>1092505
Generally the fines run 'by the hour' for a service disruption, they can be hilariously high.
Years ago when I worked in an MTX, had some contractors fucking around the front of the place with a backhoe, so I pre-emptively went out there and had a chat to them 'hey mate, there's my west-line fibre bundle running through there, so be careful'
Ok, no problems
>an hour later, we light up like a christmas tree with failed circuits, half the state drops off the air...
>'Some' backups kick in, but a lot don't

FUCKING CUNTS!

Literally by the time I figured out what was fucked, got down the stairs, ran out the front the backhoe was on its trailer and these cunts are booking it out of there, leaving a huge hole and a bundle that looked like a dog chewed on it
Right fucko, I'm onto your shit
>Commence comical car chase all the way back to their business

They where made very unhappy by some business lawyers to the sum of about 150k because it took around 3 hours to melt all the fibre back together
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.