[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, my Sony Bravia 55in 4k tv just started having this line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 20161129_011158.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_011158.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hello, my Sony Bravia 55in 4k tv just started having this line in the middle of the screen and a little fade in the bottom right hand corner.

Any suggestions on a fix? My research tells me just to buy a new one but I can't do that.

Any thoughts?
>>
File: 20161129_011046.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_011046.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>
File: 20161129_011732.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_011732.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>inb4 hitting it with a rolling pin slav style
>>
>>1091277
it's not worth your time to fix it. even if you find the problem, you will not be able to get affordable replacement parts for it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KsGoE8ehnY
>>
use a magnet to try and even it out.
>>
Is it still under warranty?
>>
Panel is starting to fail. Possibly backlight, I assume it is array lit? Either way, call Sony and get them to replace their crap TV under warranty, because panels should not be going out after a year of use. You know what they say, you use crap parts and you get a crap product (Sony uses Samsung panels).
>>
Any other insight?
>>
Bad panel replace tv
>>
>>1091338
This, can't be that old.
>>
>>1091277
Looks like a problem with the T-Con Board.
>>
>>1091279
I thought that said "More 4K titties than ever".
>>
>>1091641
Nothing thats not on google, thats why I am here. I read the rules.

>>1091745
trying to /dyi/, its electronics so it can be fixed. Logic tells me that buying and installing a new part is always cheaper than just buying a totally new product

>>1091338
not to sure, to be honest i got it from a person on craigslist extremely cheap to try to fix up to use. Anyway to call Sony and check?
>>
>>1093031
You are absolutely wrong.
Panels are large and cost lots of money but they cost even more money when you only want one because of economics blah blah blah. The electronics inside are custom made for the manufacturer, everything is these days probably in China.
The tv guy buys exactly enough of each parts to make a number of whole tvs. They probably don't even have a repair department that could do it for you because its cheaper to sell the broken tv to India to be melted down for scrap than to pay someone to sit and figure out and fix what is wrong with it.
When humans put these together in the old days you could ask one of them to have a fiddle and replace some bits of it to fix it, now its all automated, nobody is stopping the production line and reprogramming the robot to fix broken parts, the automatic testing machine simply sends broken boards to India for recycling because there are so few of them hopefully.
They won't sell you the bits because they don't have any and have probably used up all of their production run by putting then in tvs to sell. Spares will have been sent to India to recycle.
>>
>>1093051
You are wrong.

There are only a few major components with flat screens. Led driver, tconn board, psu, main board, led array and panel. That's it other than the plastic baubles or a WiFi anntenae. Shopjimmy.com is a great source of parts but with the 55" vizio I'm trying to fix part availability is sketchy. I tried a China tconn and it was bad. Waiting to find a good one from an American seller.

Now with op tv it looks like a panel failure from pic. If that's the case scrap it. You need to test it a bit more. Any other failures with newer tvs is cake to fix and relativity cheep.
>>
>>1093271
I bought a repair kit for my Vizio POS that died just after one year. It cost just $125 shipped. It included all the boards. ShopJimmy is where it's at.
Don't know about Sony TVs. Sad to see Sony quality going down the drain.
>>
>>1091277
Looks like you're out of luck OP:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Sony+x850b

Read the comments about lines.
>>
>>1093271
He isn't entirely wrong, though. At this point OP's best bet is to get a for parts tv, preferably one that has a damaged power supply.
Then there is the consideration of the time and space. If OP has both, then wait to jump on the next one without a damaged panel that pops up(May be never, and there is very little information about compatibility even within the same line of products).
>>1093701
EEV twat tried to fix a similar issue. I vaguely remember the issue being connectivity along the panel itself.
>>
File: 1480403938586.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1480403938586.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>1091902
Here you go, friend.
>>
>>1093721
It's on an almost perfect white background, you couldn't be bothered to just add another T?
>>
>>1093753
Im rather drunk. I was afraid I'd misspell tits.
>>
>>1091277
The alarm on your sony clock went off. Reminder that it is time to buy a new TV.

Kys. Burned three times by sony clock on several products.
>>
>>1091277
this >>1091281 , some chips cost almost as much as a new TV.

is is OLED, LED or LCD? does it have a backlight ? from what i gather from the pictures my guess is the connector strip for the display could have somehow repositioned itself and changed resistance across the circuit so pixels aren't changing as much as they should.

i don't fuck with that connection strip, chances are if you take it apart you won't get it positioned correctly and it will be worse if it works at all. you best bet is the slavic slap, but i wouldn;t use a rolling pin, i'd just give it a rap with my hand
>>
>>1091282
top fucking kek
>>
>>1093721
Thank you kind Anon
>>
File: IMG_20161205_173030234.jpg (3MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161205_173030234.jpg
3MB, 5344x3006px
I have a similar problem on my old samsung 50" plasma
>>
>>1093768
>KYS
Wew lad, just curious if it could be fixed. I know that Sony products suck mate.
>>
>buying a used TV that has a failing panel

Good idea OP
>>
>>1091282
kek'd
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.