[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a printer question. I'm wondering about large format

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: c04385631.png (64KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
c04385631.png
64KB, 320x240px
Got a printer question.

I'm wondering about large format printers, personal posters, on cloth, or on cardboard and just is not able to be printed through a traditional system where it bends the media.

I'm aware that I could print out multiple pages and stick the together, or pay someone else to use their printers, but i'm interested in them for personal use.
>>
bumperoo
>>
File: pastedGraphic.png (1MB, 1521x863px) Image search: [Google]
pastedGraphic.png
1MB, 1521x863px
>>1091268
Flatbed printers. They exist, but the cost for large format equipment is way beyond what most people can afford ($25k and up, not including the RIP).
>>
How large? I have an Epson R2880 13"x19" and it has an extra "slot" in the front where you can insert rigid media for printing. It can also print on fabric and other non-standard stuff.

I've never actually tried either though.
>>
Cmyk screen printing might be a good option. But there's gonna be a learning curve you'll have to overcome.
>>
File: SC_P9000_LT_ANG_N-BSKT-01.jpg (792KB, 2700x2025px) Image search: [Google]
SC_P9000_LT_ANG_N-BSKT-01.jpg
792KB, 2700x2025px
>>1091268
>>1092465
Worked in a university printing office for awhile. One of these drop basket designs will handle pretty much anything and are much more affordable. 3K instead of 25K. Can't process cardboard but for that I found recommend printing to adhesive paper transfering it to cardboard and then trimming with an xacto knife.
What they don't tell you is that refilling ink on these things can easily run over $1,000 so think about long term costs too.
>>
>>1092568
I know how to screen print, and have given that some thought, my issue is I did it in school and had all the stuff already. The issue I have with it would be large format silk screens, prepping them, cleaning them and then making sure everything lined up perfectly, something that never really happened 100% of the time in school, got things damn close, but it was never 100% and while that works if you are only doing a solid color, if i'm doing cmyk i cant be off at all or everything kind of fucks itself, that and the ink we had available needed to be fired at 350 degrees or it would not set.

Like I said I'm more than capable of doing it, but getting a high powered light, that cures photosensitive material, that peals away through pressure wash...

I'm willing to look into it as I have a sizeable table to do this on and the printer will probably cost a fuck load more than I'm willing to go unless something used comes up...

Any videos that show large at home screen printing setups?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.