[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I DIY'd my hair It looks ok overall but the back is fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1386 - Copy.jpg (118KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1386 - Copy.jpg
118KB, 640x1136px
I DIY'd my hair

It looks ok overall but the back is fucked here. Anyone any tips on how to fix?

>inb4 "go to the fkn barber"
>>
use a potato peeler next time
>>
Were you going for the Doc Ock look?
>>
Buzz the rest of it and try again next time, but with more mirrors.
>>
>>1090909
the cleaner & less hair you go diy the worse it looks

let it grow (1"+ length) and trim it from time to time
>>
Try using scissors, pulling on the hair, and cutting off any length that sticks out too much. Might help blend it in a little
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Trimmed it down a bit, looks better. Will barber next time...Thanks anons
>>
dont give up the first time is always clumsy, you'll get used to it just like riding a bike
also its easier if the difference of length is less between the upper and lower parts
or if you do it progressively as in cut the low part at less length, the merge part with the upper part at an intermediate length and the upper at the max length you want
>>
....what's wrong with getting your haircut professionally?
>>
>been cutting my own hair for 10 years ish
>the back is still the hardest part

I don't like people touching my head, so I started cutting my own hair, and when I saw your first pic anon, I laughed, as it is exactly how mine looks.
I just cant seem to get it right, that being said, your 2nd picture looks good.
>>
>>1090909
OP, to blend, just run the clippers straight up (after cutting the top and sides to the correct length). This is the easiest way to blend, but I still have the wife do the back of my head.
>>
>>1090969
This. Been cutting my hair for year and I can do the back of my head and my neck without looking just about.
>>
I cut my own hair op, for maybe 7 or 8 years. simply do not like having someone move my head about and have to sit still and pretend to speak to some guy I don't know. Plus thanks to all the 'diversity' around here (ironically no diversity at all) there are only black barbers and I don't want a will smith fade or a wig/weave. Seriously there are fucking 6 black people barbers/salons out of about 20 commercial premises in my street.

So anyway I wash my hair to get it wet then pull it out and cut with scissors. I don't have a clipper. It pisses my mum off she says it looks shite. People at work don't really care after the first time. GF used to get really angry about it and refuse to be seen with me but then I found out she was sucking her best friends dick so one less pissy opinion I have to deal with.

The only downside I guess is that as I have gradually stopped giving a shit about anyone else' opinion on things like my hair or clothes or appearance (always been function over form really) I have gradually stopped caring about anything and slipped into a world of basically scepticism and indifference about basically anything. It's becoming increasingly hard to care about anything. The world around me is not something I recognize, time and life and events are washing over me without having to acknowledge or interact with them I am simply an observer.

If I had the guts and no dependants i think i would probably just kill myself because i simply don't see the point.

Would getting a haircut by a barber make me a normal person? I don't know. Just something to consider before you commit to cutting your own hair and slowly but surely stemming all social interaction.

I might buy some clippers for myself for Christmas, they will be essentially paid for by the costs saved.
>>
>>1090971
>giving your hard earned money to the hair jew
>>
File: brando.jpg (116KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
brando.jpg
116KB, 400x595px
>>1091141
this is good pasta
>>
>>1090971
I just started cutting my own hair, I do just as good a job as sportclips, or any of the other chain haircut shops. With tip its easily $20+ per cut. Doesn't matter if I get a trim or take 4 inches off, or get a straight razor bald. If you average out $10 a month, its not terribly much but I'd rather have $120 a year to dick around with than cut some fucked up haircut.

I do miss some cutie running her fingers though my hair and messing with my head for 15 minutes.
>>
you missed the top part
>>
I have a friend who cuts my hair and I cut his. Most of the time we each cut our own front and sides, then have the other square up the back. A good set of clippers was about $20 and should last about five years.
>>
>>1090909

Been doing my own hair since I turned 16.
Lather up good, use a high quality weighted shaver and a quality blade, best to shave Durning your morning and evening shower.
A good moisturizer after is essential, I use bag balm.
Do it right, clean shave that dome and never look back.
The Mr Clean Look will never go out of fashion.
That's a guarantee.
>>
>>1091154
Jesus
>>
>>1090971
An electric hair trimmer costs as much as 2-3 trips to the barber. If you have a simple buzz cut, it's ridiculously easy to do yourself and you'll save a fair amount of cash.
>>
Stop being autistic and go to a hairdressers
>>
>>1090969
This.

I've been doing the last few haircuts on my own. I've no social standings to worry, so few screw ups can just be covered up. However if i mess up big time, its back to buzz cut (my favorite as its less maintenance for me)

Still I practice my styling on myself to get a better read of it.
>>
>>1091134
>>1090969
Once you do it a few times, you just get a 'feel' for how it should be done.
If I had to estimate the amount of dollarydoos I've saved since DIYing my own hair, it would be approaching $1000. No joke.
>>
>>1092639
Shit thing is that as a man the savings are minimal. How many years did that take? My calc is 4or5 cuts a year x 10$ so 20 years? No? Teach a woman to cut her own hair you can save up $k in maybe a few months.
>>
>>1090909
It looks like you used 1 length of guard. Use a minimum of 2.

Start with the full length you want your hair and shave everything. Then step it down and do the sides and back then go bare and clean up the edges.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.