[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a little 50cc 2 stroke pocket bike engine I bought for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I have a little 50cc 2 stroke pocket bike engine I bought for a few bucks. I want to make it run on 91% isopropyl alcohol because otherwise its just taking up space for no reason so I might as well make a project out of it. How do I figure out the stoichiometric ratio of isopropyl alcohol and how do I use that to calculate what size jet I need in the carb? I'm not concerned about rubber damage as if I comes to it I can just get or make some alcohol resistant seals.
>>
You look it up
>>
>>1090132
how to you plan on lubricating the engine?

2 strokes mix lubricating oil with the gasoline

damaging gaskets are the least of your worries when the motor seizes
>>
>>1090133
To add to that good luck with your floats
>>
>>1090133
I wouldn't be asking if I found everything I needed

>>1090135
Of course I'll be adding 2 stroke oil, when I said pure iso I meant pure as in no gas or ethanol or anything

>>1090136
Really not too concerned with ruining it because the engine was dirt cheap and the carbs are cheaper
>>
>>1090137
oil won't mix with IPA.
>>
>>1090139
you beat me to it
>>
>>1090139
I ran this engine using a spray bottle to spray at the carb with iso and oil mixed, the oil was tinted blue and you could see it stayed very well mixed while using it.
>>
>>1090143
ongrats, you made a vinaigrette. let it settle and see what happens.
>>
>>1090143
>>1090144
that or he has a magic spray bottle that somehow cancels polarity at the molecular level
>>
>>1090144
I can always shake it up before use, it's not going on a vehicle or anything

>>1090145
I've seen stranger things
>>
>>1090146

if your that serious and don;t care about damaging the engine, just adjust the needles on the carb when the tanks full of your IPA oil mix, if its running lean just use a set of torch cleaning tips to enlarge the jet orifaces
>>
>>1090152
i meant torch tip cleaners lol

i don't know
>>
>>1090145
The acidity of the IPA has an effect that should let it disperse a little better. But it still isnt soluble
>>
What about adding a small electric motor or linkage to the engine that would stir the tank as it was running? As for OP's original question, if you don't care about breaking it you should just fuck with it until it runs good.
>>
>>1090192
if you're adding a motor it's probably best to just do oil injection.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.