[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any recommendation for steel toed boots for chainsawing and lugging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Any recommendation for steel toed boots for chainsawing and lugging around heavy wood?

Would be nice if they're not too slippery since the area of operation has a lot of moisture and it's rocky.

I'm pretty faithful to Timberwood and CAT, but I'm open to more suggestions, price range up to €150.
And since I'm situated in the EU I'm not gonna see US-only boots here, so something from the European Amazon would be preferable.

Thanks.
>>
>>1090068

Do they not sell Timberlands on European Amazon? That's all I've ever won. Gone through 3 pairs in 10 years. Not bad for daily work use 2080 some odd hours a year.
>>
Redwings if they have them otherwise I've had some cats for over 5 years that are still in great condition.
>>
>>1090305
second this.
>>
>>1090305
>>1090315

Everyone i know has had bad luck with cat boots.

The pair i had lasted 6 months.

Got a pair of Timberland Pros that have lasted me for 2 years doing the same work the tore up the cat boots in 6 months.

Had some redwings a while back. they were good too. But if you get redwings make sure to get tuff toe.
>>
>>1090068
Lumber fag here.
Husqvarna and stihl make safety boots that provides protection against chainsaws...

I would recommend them.
>>
>>1090366
Sounds like shilling to me.
>>
>>1090323
I been in cat boots for 20 years anon.

Tried a lot of brands.

Never again.

Open of its cold and wet you cannot beat muck boots. They make a steel toe
>>
Redwing boots have saved my toes from 2000 pound loads twice in the last 5 years. I will never recommend anything else, even knowing another boot could do the same.
>>
>>1090653
How clumsy can you get?
>>
>>1090068
yes

dont get steel ones
>>
File: grisport.jpg (86KB, 800x592px)
grisport.jpg
86KB, 800x592px
i got these for a while, they're really great

i do have some soft soles on the inside for maximum comfy long workdays

i didnt like going in these shoes without them the first time i wore them, felt way too hard but soft soles you can lay inside the shoe are really comfy

and they arent that expensive i think €70 or something in yuropoor physical stores
>>
>>1090323

I had many pairs of boots and timberland pros died within 6 months of walking around sites telling other people what to do.

Though it may not be timberlands fault as any high quality boot dies in the tropics. The shittier stuff seems to last longer
>>
>>1090305
Redwing if you can get them. Best money my company ever spent on me.
>>
I'm looking at workboots with toe protection in Europe and all the Redwings are extremely expensive.

Like 250€+ expensive.
>>
>>1092553
They're really expensive in the US too, I think mine were about $300.

I love my Redwings but they're not the kind you're looking for, so I can't speak for those models. (Mine are the old-school leather kind, got them because I worked in metal fab and their thin soles were much better for using on a TIG pedal.)
>>
>>1090467

Yes, Husqvarna really needs someone on anime forum to shill for them.

Any way he's right, OP is looking for ISO 17249 compliant boots if he wants a modicum of protection from a chainsaw to the ankles.
>>
>>1090068
For long wearing? Steelblue. Buy a cushioned insole though. Don't fall for Redwings, we see them all the time in our shoe repair shop.
>>
>>1090068
I have a pair of absolutely amazing Carhartt Pac Boots, 12"(+/-) ankles, completely waterproof and toasty warm in wet or snowy climes. Tread is perfect, i feel i can walk up walls with em. Only downside is the weight really, but every day is leg day when you have 5lb weights strapped to your feet.
>>
File: 1480828175992-915256569.jpg (934KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1480828175992-915256569.jpg
934KB, 1920x2560px
Ive had my pair of wolverines for 11 years. Only thing I've done is oil them and had them re-soled a few years back.
>>
>>1093705
I am unsure if they're available there, but if you can find tgem they should be around $70-$100USD
>>
>>1090305
>Redwings

Agreed on this. Mine lasted quite a while, but I was too lazy to put leather protector on them and eventually because I kept dropping metal sheets on my feet the toes wore through. The other problem with them is that guys who have wide feet sometimes say they don't fit very well

disclaimer: never worked with wood a day in my life, but have dragged lots of big metal sheets around in mud
>>
I have been using sievi or jalas. Fits my feet and have survived for long. They are local though so I don't know if they are sold outside my area.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.