[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't know where else to ask this but, I found this old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Don't know where else to ask this but, I found this old sewing machine. Can anyone identify it? Maybe it's worth some money? Brand is Sear Kenmore.

Date written on the table seems to say 1967. I'm assuming that's when it was built.
>>
*Sears
>>
>>1089796
Kenmore is Sear's brand, like Merona clothing for target. They make washing machines now mostly.

Not really worth a whole lot, it's one of a million classic sewing machines, radios, typewriters etc you find in every antique shop.
>>
>>1089796
It will be made by Singer or one of the other major sewing machine mfg. That's what Sears did, put there name on other folks shit. A little Google-fu will tell you who. I have quite a few old restored wood working machines that were Sears from the '20s, '30s and '40s they are all good quality and made by respected names like Emerson, Rockwell etc.
>>
>>1089868
>It will be made by Singer or one of the other major sewing machine mfg.
No. Singer did not make rebadged machines. However a ton of companies cloned their machines and basic mechanisms. After WWII, sewing machines were how Japanese manufacturing began to rebuild, and the vast majority of these machines sold in the States were restyled Singer-15 mechanism clones made in Japan. Problem is, it's before Japan got good at manufacturing.

>I have quite a few old restored wood working machines that were Sears from the '20s, '30s and '40s

Then you should know that machine is from the 60s. Other clones (like this one, probably) were indeed made by American Singer competitors like White. But Sears/Kenmore slapped their name on almost anything, just like today.

>Date written on the table seems to say 1967. I'm assuming that's when it was built.

That's about right, yes. It's not worth anything, unless you plan to sew with it.
>>
>>1089796
Worth about $40 if it works
>>
>>1089796
It's a rebranded Brother sewing machine, most likely. They made solid machines back then. It's not top of the line or anything but it will be easy to service and do a good job sewing. Capable, reasonable priced (when it sold new) and well made.

If you are trying to flip it for some easy cash you can forget about it. The only machines that sell for big money go to collectors and they want specific makes and models. That is not a collectible machine. Check your local Craig's List. There are probably a dozen machines from the era for sale for under $50 right now.

They made millions and millions of sewing machines back in the day and everybody's grandmother had one. Much less people sew these days then did back then so there is a flood of used machines on the market.
>>
>>1090053
>They made millions and millions of sewing machines back in the day and everybody's grandmother had one. Much less people sew these days then did back then so there is a flood of used machines on the market.
This Anon's advice is right on.
There are a few antique sewing machines that will command a little dough, but very few. Unless it's a Featherweight (Singer 221 or 222), you can pretty much fuggedaboutit.
Despite it not being worth anything as a collectible, it's probably a very capable sewing machine.
>>
>>1090047
more like 15$
>>
>>1090073
I mean you can list it for $40 and get about $20 on craigslist
>>
>>1090083
"Tell you what. I'll get it the Hell out of your house for free."
"Deal."
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.