[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My bathtub water will not go down. There is no clog. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: x.jpg (4KB, 299x224px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
4KB, 299x224px
My bathtub water will not go down. There is no clog. How do I fix this? Thanks.
>>
>>1088751
Drill a hole in the bottom of the tub.
>>
>>1088751
>water won't go down drain
>no clog
There's a clog, you haven't found it yet.
>>
>>1088760
no. all i feel is metal. no clog.
>>
>>1088760
Fucking Koopas
>>
Power Snake 1/4in x 15ft Drain Auger (81150)

google this and then go buy one..
I shouldn't have to tell you that you will need a drill or else you will have to buy a manual one. In fact; youtube "how to use a drain snake".
>>
>>1088765
Kek. You have to press A to continue anon.
>>
>>1088751
>>>1088751
>Drill a hole in the bottom of the tub.
I did this. It worked. But my floor is now wet for some reason
>>
File: mugholder.jpg (113KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
mugholder.jpg
113KB, 427x640px
>>1088790
drill hole in floor so it can drain.
>>
>>1088751

pull drain plug

Aktually, I have a tub with this problem. It is due to years of soap and stuff buildup in the plumbing. I started with draino but that didn't do much. Moved over to a product called Zep Drain Care.
It's a microbial product. You mix it with warm water, pour it in, and let it sit for a long time. Eventually it starts growing and eats all the goo.
Took two months but the tub now drains like new.

For maintenance I put a bit of this stuff in every drain once a month.
>>
File: Bathtub Drain.png (751KB, 748x744px) Image search: [Google]
Bathtub Drain.png
751KB, 748x744px
>>1088751
If you're sure there's no clog, maybe the stopper itself is blocking the drain.

Pull the whole assembly by removing the screws and lifting it out. Should look like pic related.

If the stopper isn't there, that means it became detached and is sitting in the bottom of the waste tee. Sometimes they just get loose. Or maybe the connections corroded and broke.

You'll have to fish it out with a wire with a hook on the end.

Once you have all the pieces, reassemble and adjust the spacing using the turnbuckle on the linkage. The stopper should block the drain when closed, but move fully out of the way when open. Coat the whole thing with plumber's grease if you can get some.
>>
File: Bathtub Drain exploded view.png (73KB, 317x537px) Image search: [Google]
Bathtub Drain exploded view.png
73KB, 317x537px
>>1088963
To help you visualize what you're looking at inside the pipe.
>>
Pour a bottle of bleach down the drain
>>
>>1088751
>There is no clog. How do I fix this? Thanks.
There is a clog. Remove it. You're Welcome.
>>
>>1088751
Remove grill
Snake
>>
>>1088751
find a new girlfriend with a normal name, seriously who names their kid bathtub water?

have you checked for a plugged vent on the drain line?
>>
seal off the over flow with tape
Use strong shop vac on drain to try and pull clog backup
Thank me later
>>
>>1089494
This isf how I get kids toys out.
>fuckin renters
>>
>>1088751
Happened to me. Rip that faggot lever out and cut Thathe faggot drain stopper off and reinstall.

Or u do actually have a hairball...
>>
>>1088963
This.

This mother fucking stopper... ree.

Drain on is shit. Hundreds of dollars spent on every brand at the store. 0 results.

Get liquid fire.

Drains like new.

If not the your drain lever is being a cunt.

Liquid fire holds a special place in my heart. Just be sure and flush with hot water good. The acid melts steel beams but it's safe infrequently used and flushed with water. Also will burn through clothes. U buy 2 bottles. Wad up a shirt and pour some on it outside.

#liquids hurt

Is fun when it's not an accident.

Open a window too. The fumes fuck near knock u down. And if it's foggy that shit will chase u.

Worth it.
>>
>>1088751
you have to take off that cover, plug it, then plunge it. The plunger aint working because it just loses suction from the open drain plug assembly.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.