[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, why is it important that the rope does not cut into your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_6655.jpg (536KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6655.jpg
536KB, 800x600px
Guys, why is it important that the rope does not cut into your neck when hanging yourself?
>>
File: IMG_6410.png (379KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6410.png
379KB, 1536x2048px
Heres what I mean..
>>
safety first
>>
Probably to make it painless as possible. Of course if you cared about pain you'd just buy a gun and kill yourself with that. Of course if you didn't care about pain you would have made the series of tough life choices that would put you on the path away from suicide.
>>
>>1088619
Kek
>>
>>1088612
makes it messier for whoever is cleaning up
then again you will 100% certain shit and piss yourself
>>
>>1088612
In fact, the rope cutting into your neck will probably save you, because the reason you hang yourself is really to compress your air pipe so that you cannot breath, if the rope cuts into your skin, there is a danger that your throat will be cut open under the pressure while you are death-struggling and dangling in the air, therefore accidental allowing you to breath again. (There are first aid instances where a person's windpipe is blocked, you have to cut the throat open to save him.)

Dangling in mid air, you not dying and breathing through the cut open throat while bleeding everywhere, and you slowly choking on your own blood like a bitch but still unable to die, is what you don't want.
>>
>>1088622
Too easy to fail with a gun. End up being saved then have to live with with brain damage and other shit. Guns are really one of the worst ways to kill yourself
>>
>>1088646
Always thought the reason to hang yourself was to break your neck not to strangle.
>>
>>1088674
There's a short and a long drop. If you just slide off a chair you will slowly suffocate and strangle to death.
If you jump off a ladder and drop a few feet before the rope jerks you then it should break your neck like you say.
If you have a google around you will find tables published by different governments where you can find the length of rope and drop to use based on I don't know your weight maybe height and shit too
>>
>>1088674
The goal is to sever the spinal cord but you have to do it right. Basically if the drop is too small you just strangle yourself and if it's too high you risk decapitation
>>
>>1088674
Like the other anon said, there is a suffocate version and a long dtop break your neck version. If the rope is too thin (a wire at this point), it will cut into you, the force of the drop will translate into cutting your throat open, thus absorbing the energy from the drop, slowing the drop, making your neck (the backbone) not snapped.

If you do the drop, you want the full force to translate into jerking your body when you hit the bottom to break your neck, that means actually supporting the skull. The cut will cushion the drop, and make the neck less likely to break. You will probably still die, but from bleeding and choking on the blood while you struggle slowly like a bitch dangling on the rope.
>>
>>1088698
>risk decapitation
heh
>>
Who cares?
Use a helium exit bag.
>>
>>1088612
Won't someone think of the poor fellas that respond to this stuff?

When we have to pick up 2 pieces of some dead cunt with blood and shit (literally) everywhere, it's annoying.
Also, if you can find a way of letting someone know it'd be nice too. That way we don't have to pick up pieces of your dead arse that has consistency of spam from being in a laundry for 4-5 days

cheers
>>
>>1088662
If you use a handgun. Shotgun suicides have a success rate over 95℅, compared to under 50℅ for handguns (don't remember exact numbers but I know those ballpark figures are correct).
Of course if you pussy out and jerk the gun away from your brain when you pull the trigger you're going to risk survival, but that's a risk with any firearm you use.
>>
>>1088612
So it wont hurt
>>
>>1088662
>Guns are really one of the worst ways to kill yourself
Only if you're a complete retard who can't aim towards the right part.
>>
>>1088619
Not OP, but I would imagine that IF the day comes when I need to take my life for something, it's probably to scape further pain on this life, so I would try to make my death as painless as possible.
Wich rope hanging is. Don't have that pic chart that shows the time to die/pain of all suicide forms.
>>
>>1088612
Refer to /b/
>>
>>1088843
I feel like great answers already been given?
Doubt /b/tards would add any value whatsoever
>>
File: DickProennekeCabin.jpg (41KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
DickProennekeCabin.jpg
41KB, 600x369px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

can you do this?
>>
get a really fine but strong sharp cable like them tension cables tie it around your neck and tie it to something..... then get some supper supper supper glue and glue your hands to your head.when the glue dries jump of the building with the cable cutting your head off and you would have your head glued to your hands ...... some one would see that and be like wtf omg that dude ripped his head off ... he must have been pissed!!!
>>
>>1088698
>The goal is to sever the spinal cord
>risk decapitation

Someone doesn't like an overachiever.
>>
>>1088873
That man is my hero and represents everything I want to do with my life.
>>
>>1088612
In an ideal long-drop hanging, the victim drops a fair distance (~6 feet or so). Upon reaching full extension, the rope snaps tight with over 1000 lbs of tension, snapping the victim's spine for a prompt death with minimal suffering.

However, if the rope is thin and stretchy, or if it cinches substantially or cuts into the neck, the energy of the fall will be spread out over a greater distance and time by this stretching/cinching, resulting in lower peak tension and less reliability of snapping the spinal column. If the spinal column fails to snap, the victim will suffer for a minute or two as they are slowly strangled to death. And as >>1088646 pointed out, cutting into the neck may actually serve as a de-facto tracheotomy, enabling respiration and thus prolonging suffering even more as the victim slowly bleeds to death or suffers gradual brain damage and death due to restricted blood flow to the brain.
>>
>>1089368
I was thinking more in the suffocation sense as opposed to snapping the neck however, does it still apply as critically considering this?
>>
>>1089302
hes not an mgtow loser
>>
>>1089625
He is, he went his own way
>>
File: 8ILuwUJ.jpg (148KB, 801x953px)
8ILuwUJ.jpg
148KB, 801x953px
>>1088662
>not building a suicide helmet
>>
>>1088646
Not true, when you hang yourself you want to get your spinal cord broken and die in seconds, suffocating is not much less fun an activity than choking on your blood
>>
>>1088622
Some of us live in fascist countries where we can't own a gun
>>
>>1090433
Yeah but making gunpowder from your own piss is certainly viable.
>>
You'll pull a Saddam and it will make a massive mess
>>
>>1089964
>Suicide Helmet: For when /diy/ needs to die
>>
>>1088698
Having your head pop off in a split second seems like it really oughta be the goal if youre trying to take the easy way out.
>>
>>1089283
This. Fucking kek.
>>
>>1088646
>the reason you hang yourself is really to compress your air pipe so that you cannot breath
bullshit

>>1090432
>when you hang yourself you want to get your spinal cord broken
thats not really true either. you're describing drop hanging.
you CAN try that, but it's very difficult and only possible if you have a secure anchor and high drop (3-4 meters AT LEAST and the anchor/rope needs to take 10x your body weight, roughly).
you also need to make sure to use static (=non stretchy) rope (as opposed to dynamic rope used in climbing which will stretch out quite a bit)

all of these things make drop-hanging very cumbersome and simply impractical.

there is however a way to kill yourself using rope and
a) the rope and anchor need only support part of your full weight
b) the anchor can be really low, like below waist line
c) because of the above points you can do it almost anywhere using almost any type of rope (you could easily use a t-shirt or pants as "rope" for example)

it's called partial suspension hanging and what you do is you tie a simple noose, and simply put it around your neck and put some weight on it. there are two big arteries going to and coming from the brain on our necks. this method will constrict these arteries (NOT the airpipe, that would be very painful) and you will lose consciousness in <1minute.

this is btw the same technique you would use for autoerotic asphyxiation. if you first wrap a towel around your neck this is painless and simple
>>
>>1089283
Best suicide method ever!
>>
Now and then suicides will place a rope around their neck, tie to a phone pole, then drive off.

Totally effective.
>>
>>1089646
And he didn't do it while whining and crying for a support group, unlike "MGTOWs."
Choose a different acronym
-t. Student pilot
>>
>>1090508
it's called ligature, and it's probably the best hanging method
>>
From what I understand, many heroin addicts are pissed off when they're brought out of overdoses because it's such a blissful sensation. So, I figure the best way out would have to be a massive dose of heroin (should it be necessary, of course). Rate my suicide method /diy/!
>>
>>1089964
DESU if I ever actually decided to hero myself, I'd probably do something overly sophisticated like that. Maybe a noose tied to a big-ass amateur rocket.
>>
>>1090508
What kind of a shitty image did you use quickly edited innmspaint with a dartboard as backdrop...
>>
>>1090508
>this is btw the same technique you would use for autoerotic asphyxiation.
I had a girl once and while we were fucking she occasionally said "strangle me" or "hit me". And afterwards she complained that I didn't strangle or hit her hard enough. I miss her, pretty and nice and sexually really adventurous.
>>
>>1090866
not edited in any way, got it straight off of google. just to show a pose of partial suspension hanging
>>
>>1088612
I hope you are not considering this op , a friend of mine did this and succeeded about ten years ago , his brother was 19 at the time and now he has gray hair , his younger brother was totlly destroyed , and his parents will now die years earlier than they should because of stress and chain smoking cigars , surely you can solve the shit in your life , try helping out people less fortunate than yourself to put things into perspective . can you remember a time before in your life when you were depressed but now it feels like that was forever ago? some day you will feel like what was bothering you is all water under the bridge .

>>inb4 nobody cares , I do
>>
>>1090799

Drug overdoses have a very low success rate because of all the uncontrolled variables: body weight, personal resistance, drug purity, being found, etc, etc.
>>
>>1092027
Yeah, but wouldn't mainlining a shit ton of heroin for the first time pretty much be guaranteed to be a homerun?
>>
>>1092027
>Drug overdoses have a very low success rate
also because they're usually done by extremely moody assholes who lack any skill at all a.k.a. bitchy entitled women
at least bitchy entitled men are good at killing themselves
>>
>>1088674
My neighbour did choose the Strange option. Spoiler: it worked.
>>
>>1092052
Wouldn't count on it. Unlike the DARE propaganda a human body can take a lot of opiates.
>>
>>1088622
top kek
>>
>>1092103
Funny, I know 4 persons who have tried killing themselves.
- Woman, used cyanide. Success.
- Woman, tried cutting her wrists. Got second thoughts after watching blood flow a while. Failure.
- Man, used a shotgun. Success.
- Man, tried using sleeping pills. Tried several times. Failure.
>>
>>1088856
No he should go to /r9k/ they are masters in killing themselfs.
>>
>>1092118
>Tried several times. Failure.
How the fuck...
Attention whore.
>>
>>1092413
They're usually easily available to those who try (as in they can take a whole jar) and most don't care to research toxicity limits and the tolerance of the liver.

Sure fire medication is 3-4 whole packs of paracetamol. It's sure fire as in it will fuck internal organs permanently, and there is no antidote or fix once it's been absorbed.

My mother told of a patient who overdosed on painkillers to get his girlfriends attention because he thought they were somehow harmless but she would assume otherwise. In the hospital when he was committed he was repeatedly told there was no cure or antidote and lay in pain for a few weeks before his liver and kidneys finally shut off completely. Never believed they were telling the truth.
>>
File: IMG_6730.jpg (365KB, 2048x946px)
IMG_6730.jpg
365KB, 2048x946px
>>1090508
> this method will constrict these arteries (NOT the airpipe, that would be very painful) and you will lose consciousness in <1minute.

Wikipedia begs the differ...
>>
>>1092413
Indeed, he was the worst attention whore I've ever known. The first couple of times he used a rather small dose and when he increased the dose, he vomited the pills in his sleep. Or so he said, I'm not totally convinced the third time actually happened.

>Sure fire medication is 3-4 whole packs of paracetamol.
Yeah, apparently it works pretty well and is a rather painful way to go.
Reminds me of stories about some machismo obsessed men using paraquat (weed killer), because it's a painful way to kill oneself.
>>
does it work to OD on anti depressants? i know someone who tried and failed, and was wondering if it would have been a viable way out if he hadn't sent out a garbled text that got someone to check on him.

>inb4 he's an attention seeker
>>
>>1092027
They're often successful if you also take anti-emetics.

>>1092411
/r9k/'s go to is exit bags
>>
>>1093365
No, it just makes you super duper happy.
>>
>>1088796
get dat medulla oblongata
>>
>>1089964
That's dark as fuck!
>>
>>1092118
Where did she get the cyanide?
>>
>>1089964
What the even fuck
>future engineer kills himself
>>
>>1092052
that's just hearsay or fearmongering if you were set on that route tho youd want to mix other drugs in with whatever opiate you chose klonopin or xanax is pretty common and will depress your breathing and calming you helping things along even more or alcohol single drug suicides take way to much money and effort
>>
>>1093365
it depends on the kind but newer antidepressants are impossible to OD on old school tricylics you could manage shitty way to go tho most drugs are very difficult to overdose with even for first time users
>>
if you're planning to hang yourself, don't!!!! life is shit we all know that try smoking some marijuana it'll change u and try not to give much fucks
>>
>>1093708
hmm i'm not sure what he had but it didn't work, i was just curious if it could have worked
>>
>>1093711
Probably not I don't think it's common to stray outside SSRIs and all the other RIs for that very reason that even tho they are pretty much useless and other drugs that could help have the possibility of being used in suicides it's pretty sad
>>
>>1088873

This is the comfiest video ever

>"Muh ruhf"
>>
>>1093704
>single drug suicides take way to much money and effort

kek what the fuck am I reading

it's impossible for a suicide method to take "too much money" because if it works you don't need the fucking money any more, do you?
>>
>>1093736
> cyanide

All you need
>>
>>1088637
Not if you go to the bathroom before you do it.
>>
>>1088674
Breaking your neck doesn't actually kill you, it just keeps you from moving much while you strangle. It also keeps you from breathing, so you'll suffocate anyways.

Best way to go is self immolation.
>>
>>1093710
>DUDE WEED LMAO
No, I'm pretty sure suicide is better than becoming a degenerate.
>>
>>1093781
Know what's even better than either of those? Going out a martyr. Take out Soros, Merkel, or a mexican drug cartel. Infiltrate an Islamic rape gang and start removing kabob.

Or get your shit together and learn something useful, find some principles, and dedicate your entire being to improving the lives of others. Try teaching morals to people and the world will be a little bit better for the rest of us.
>>
>>1093595
From work. It is (was?) used in some metal plating solutions.
>>
>>1093595
All kinds of videos on youtube on making it and I don't think it's too difficult to buy
>>
>>1093867
think again,
pic related
>>
>>1088612
>>1088614
The image is literally recommending you to read "The Dangers of Failing and Reliability".

You pad the rope in case you don't die.
>>
>>1088637
This is my number 1 consideration if I were ever to commit suicide. For a solid week+ beforehand I would make sure that I was very dehydrated and cleaned out before doing the act. Even so I would leave plastic dropcloths and such around to contain any extra fluids.
>>
>>1089964
>>1090471
If there was some way to edit this to the right size and still be understandable, this would make a good banner for /diy/.
>>
>>1088662
>blowing the front of your face off like a retard
Dumbshit, you've gotta point it at a 45-degree angle towards the back of your skull, where your hair swirls.

>>1088768
Shotgun suicides are literally the messiest way to off yourself. If you're an hero'ing you might as well make it easy for the poor bastards who've gotta pick you up.

>>1088747
This. Mix up some cyanide, not particularly hard, go for a walk in the park, down the cyanide. Somebody will come along within a few hours and call it in. Hell, you could call it in yourself and you'll almost certainly be dead by the time they get there.
>>
>>1093764
then when in action movies when the hero breaks the goon's neck, he didn't actually instantly kill the goon, he just paralyzed the goon, and now the goon has to silently lie there and suffocate while he watches the hero move on to the next goon?
>>
>>1094278
Don't look at movies as instruction manuals.

Dumb action movies the least of all.
>>
>>1094070
You could do a gif.
>>
>>1094621
Maybe some anon could recreate it for the gif, paint /diy/ on the front of it.
>>
Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK

I don't want fellow engineers going about killing themselves.
>>
>>1096209
Suicide is the only option for some people, he might as well go out with as little pain as possible.
>>
File: IMG_6811.jpg (102KB, 1683x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6811.jpg
102KB, 1683x435px
>>1096209
I never understood how someone is supposed to 'dial' something like the word TALK in a phone nr.
>>
File: unnamed.png (114KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
114KB, 300x300px
>>1097028
Each number has letters associated with it, so TALK would just be 8255.
>>
>>1097108
What's the point? In ecrypting phone nr.
Even for a suicide- hotline wtf lol it is.
>>
>>1097219
how old are you?
>>
>>1096209
National. Which nation?
>>
>>1097219
What can I say? Kids these days...
>>
>>1094251
>If you're an hero'ing you might as well make it easy for the poor bastards who've gotta pick you up.

Father is a Fire/medic can confirm they appreciate a clean suicide whenever they show up to one. One of his most memorable was an elderly lady in her mid 60's. She cleaned the entire house top to bottom making it almost move in ready, she went into the bathroom laid a shower curtain down in the tub, slit her throat and wrists then tried to roll herself up in the curtain.

She called the PD, before the happening of course, to get animal control over so someone would take care of her cats when she's gone
>>
Guys i just came up with the best way to an hero.

1. Get a shit ton of helium balloons.
2.Tie them to a noose (alternatively your neck)
3. Lift off

Your body will fly for hours if not days, depending on the amount of helium used. It's like "Up" but instead of a flying house everyone's gonna see a flying hangman.
>>
>>1088619
Hardhat, boots, and gloves. Don't want OSHA to write you up for being at height without proper protection.
>>
>>1097219
just dial Klondike 5
>>
>>1097219
It's easier to remember TALK than it is to remember 8255. It was more useful when people had dumbphones though.
>>
>>1097228
Wasn't that literally the plot to a Junji Ito comic?
>>
>>1097229
100% tie-off.
>>
>>1090456
>raises animals for manure
>ferments urine and manure to make saltpeter
>harvests sulfur from local volcano
>government gets suspicious
>tell them I'm muslim and it's just part of my religion and they're being incredibly islamophobic
>they leave me alone
>steal charcoal from local store
>mix gunpowder
>make pipe cannon
>load gun
>shoot self
>???
>profit.
>>
>>1089283
Bonus points if you add a basket next to your fall point and slamdunk your own head
>>
It's important because if it cuts through, then you won't look like a badass.
>>
>>1097805
Snorted in laughter/10
>>
Someone link this up for /r9k/ they will appreciate it
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.