[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ Poor fag in college here (Computer Engineering) and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1474228984513.jpg (108KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
1474228984513.jpg
108KB, 1200x801px
Hey /diy/
Poor fag in college here (Computer Engineering) and I always wanted to learn how to diy-related items and make stuff or even draw but I never really have creativity for it at all, I just spend my time playing video games or watching anime or some shit.

I wanted to know if there is any advice for a fellow about doing little diy projects or getting creativity to make something?

Also have some communist propaganda or something that's been sitting in my laptop for a few months.
>>
>>1088312
This works for me:
See something cool somewhere.
"I'd like to have that, I'll make it! "
Or feel the need for a tool or thing ie or whatever and feel the urge to do it.
So motivation and possibly necessity dictates what I make. Now I'm building a house. Shit its lot of work...
>>
>>1088312
Start playing Starcraft 2. Oh, not productive... But pls play Sc2 with me. ECE here as well.
>>
Look up maker channels\communities on YouTube and reddit. Then find a project that you both like and can do. The more hands on you are the more you will become naturally creative.
>>
>>1088312
My teacher in collage had great exercise for drawing or rather making good skeches(He had background in architecture or something related).

First you choose what you want to draw, let it be building behind your window, piece of furniture or you try to redraw other picture
Then you set timer for 5 minuets and try to draw as your thing.

It's pretty quick, you can make one before you go to bed and it will learn you with time to make quick sketches of ideas you want to convey.
>>
>>1088312
Tell someone who's dear to you you're working on a present for them. If you're not a complete douche, you won't want to disappoint that person and boom, motivation acquired.
I'm using the same method to motivate myself to knit a scarf for my girlfriend for Christmas.
>>
I suggest enrolling in a class where you make things.

Find out what is available at your school.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.