[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth going to home depot or lowes on black friday to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: index.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
6KB, 225x225px
is it worth going to home depot or lowes on black friday to do some window shopping on deals, or do they pull the usual markup/markdown tricks as tech retailers do?
>>
Nothing is worth going anywhere on black friday. You can buy tools online now for reasonable prices.

Also, if they advertise a super cheap below cost price, they only legally need to carry 1 in inventory. So when you get there to get your sawzall and dildo attachment, they will unfortunately have sold out.
>>
Does that faggot still make those ASK A HOME DEPOT EMPLOYEE ANYTHING threads on here? I stopped coming here in March because of him.
>>
>>1088216
well now i've got nothing to do on black friday. thanks.
>>
>>1088211
I worked there for two years after working at best buy for a couple years. This was all while I was a teenager into my v early twenties.

This store is nothing like an electronics store during Black Friday. We opened at 6 am and there was like three people waiting in the parking lot. For the door busters the stock can be pretty limited.

If you're really motivated to get a door buster or an item that you think will go fast, you can call them and ask how many items they will have. If the kid on the phone says "DUH I DUNNO", just ask if you can talk to the front end supervisor. The front end supervisor is normally working the desk and sometimes answering phones anyways, but they should be able to get you your answer. If you live close by, just wander around the store till you see someone with a radio and they will probably be a manager.

It's not so much as The Home Depot did a markup/markdown trick you're implying, but the items that were sold while I was there just sucked. People didn't really want them. Also, desu. The way Best Buy worked when I was there was this: there would be a door buster item that was really cheap and seemed like a super sweet deal. Do yourself a favor and google the model number. There are a lot of items at Best Buy that are made specifically for the store. They are normally shit tier compared to other laptops they carry. From my experience, I could be wrong, but I did work in GeekSquad for a bit, the Best Buy exclusive models are just fucking low quality ass tier.

Also, The Home Depot I worked at was in a city with a population of 100,000. Not a major city.

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to ask me any questions.
>>
>>1088220
>>1088226

I'm not that person, but feel free to ask me anything :^)
>>
Lowe's employee here. Our ad is already online https://www.bfads.net/stores/lowes/ads/black-friday. Plenty of good deals, no mind blowing door busters. My location isn't even opening early. We aren't doing any of that bullshit where we only stock one of the item so we can advertise it. That said, some of the stuff that I've never seen us carry before this month has already sold out. Those $40 Kobalt laser measures for $20, I think we only got one display and it's long gone. The $20 Dremel bit I think was a new item number for November, and they're going fast. The power tools, those we stock the everloving fuck out of. I don't know what our costs are on them, but even if we sell them at a loss, we want to sell as many as we can, because you'll be back for accessories and batteries.

Oh, and our 24-volt max brushless line of power tools are actually good. Plus, dirt cheap batteries for those low draw tools, 1.5Ah for $10, 2Ah for $20, the 4/5?Ah is $80 though, so within normal power tool battery range. Circular saw legitimately impresses people. Reciprocating saw is the weak spot in the lineup, but it's still okay, just not impressive. I would legitimately recommend our lineup unless you're okay with paying double for the Milwaukee, or need more cordless stuff than just the basics. 5 year tool warranty, 3 year battery, handled in store, save your receipt or track it using the MyLowes card just in case the person at customer service is retarded and doesn't know that the line only released this summer.
>>
Can anybody find a Home Depot ad scan? It looks like they're getting taken down online.
>>
>>1088370
filedropper dot coom/gottadeal-homedepot-bf2016

>this is not spam
>>
>>1088374
Cheers!
>>
>>1088211
Lowes slave here.

Jusy buy online . We get your order. Pull it befire store open, and hold it.
>>
They have sales all month.

I bought a washer and dryer it was originally 649 one week then the week I bought it it was "marked down" to 599 from 699
>>
>>1088763
Great sales all month for sure, but Lowe's has even more on Black Friday, and Home Depot has some crazy deals if you're looking on getting into a cordless line.
>>
>>1088425
former HD slave
Just stay at home order online and we will pull it for you.
>>
>>1088226
dont bother asking the FES anything, they are already too busy on black friday and usually dealing with register-related issues. even if they are at a computer terminal they use the same website you are using to search for items, if you really want accurate in-stock checks on items you'll have to get ahold of someone in that department with a phone and give them the item's in store SKU, its the easiest way to get accurate checks of what we have on hand.

>>1088820
Black Friday items are all available online as well as in the store but they are listed as "Limited Stock, Call for Availability", so you cant currently do an online order and pick it up on the same day.

if you are desperate to get something we have limited stock on, just come in and get it or buy it online and you can have it shipped to the store next week for free.

if its a regular item you dont care too much about, just wait a day or two until they unlock the BOPUS feature and you can order one at home and we'll grab one for you.
>>
>>1088425
>>1088820

I do this at both for almost everything I buy. Fuck looking around the store in bay whatever. I can't tell you how fucking unorganized their plumbing section is. The tool section is straight forward but any small, singular item is a pain in the ass to find.
>>
>>1088211
I watched them do one for this last year

I've been staring at the extra task Milwaukee tool boxes

All summer they were $498

Then 2 months ago they raised it up to $698 but for black Friday they are selling it for $598
>>
>>1089213
Extra tall*
Pic related
>>
File: Screenshot_20161124-212100.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161124-212100.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>1089215
>>
>>1089213
Take that back, they aren't even putting it on sale
>>
>>1089213
>All summer they were $498
>Then 2 months ago they raised it up to $698 but for black Friday they are selling it for $598

the ones for $498 were slimmer, smaller models only around 32 inches wide. the 46in is a full sized model that always sells around $700, but is only available in stores around Christmas time.

some stores also have a Dewalt tool chest around $598, which looks ok and comes with an additional storage case and radio in the box. anything could be better than last year's Dewalt tool chest, they were built like cheap Husky chests and the fucking paint on the top and bottom didnt even match.
>>
I'm going to home Depot just to stock up on things like the 60 packs of aa and aaa batteries for $10. With two small boys in the house, I really can't pass that up.

I'll probably also grab some drill bits and Sawzall blades. Maybe some warm work gloves.
>>
>>1089230
make sure you try on the gloves first, i was looking at some that were size Large but too small for normal human hands.
>>
http://homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-13-Amp-10-in-Professional-Cast-Iron-Table-Saw-R4512/202500206
>tfw no discount
>>
>>1089230
You are very generous with your wifes sons.
I wish my baby mama had a husband like you anon.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.