[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to make a pic related >Fire pit with steel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

I'm going to make a pic related
>Fire pit with steel wheels
I already have all the materials needed except a day not frozen over

Just wanted to run it by diy before i give myself autism from paint fumes or something.

Taking two steel wheels flipped end to end.
Grind and bevel the edge.
Weld on stupid high amps because my welder is rated for sheet steel only, will probably have to do three runs.
Use torch or maybe cutoff wheel if im feeling ballsy to cut a decent hatch to feed wood.
Bolt drum brake hub to bottom as a fuckheavy base and air flow/ash escape.
Sandblast the outside and repaint with high temp engine or bbq paint, rustic red with black accents.
Start fire and feed high temp food to burn off interior paint.
Cook victory cobblers on top
Optional - Rivet and hinge cut off hatch to use as a door

Any flaws in this plan?
>>
>>1087804
I wouldn't cook on it and I'd be concerned with how long it will last but other than that it sounds fine.
>>
File: 1114001333.jpg (912KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1114001333.jpg
912KB, 2048x1536px
>>1087804
I built this out of a steel rim and the basket from a washing machine.

Makes a great fire pit, and you can put a grate over the top and grill with it.
>>
>>1087804
>Weld on stupid high amps because my welder is rated for sheet steel only, will probably have to do three runs.

one pass is probably fine for something like this. they're stamped sheet steel anyway.

>>1087813
>I wouldn't cook on it and I'd be concerned with how long it will last but other than that it sounds fine.
after everythings burned off it seems like it'd be okay for cooking - but not real good at concentrating the heat
>>
>>1087913
Is that an aluminum wheel acting as the base? I wouldn't expect those to last very long holding fire.
>>
>>1087921
>steel rim
Dolt.

Not him.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479821464475.jpg (138KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479821464475.jpg
138KB, 960x720px
>>1087913
>>1087913
Hell yeah son.

I possibly inherited a pile of about 100 motorless push mowers.

Time to hit up the appliance repair shop ;)
>>
>>1087804
You need to dry the steel before you apply the BBQ paint.
Sounds retarded, but you'll understand when you do it.
After sand blasting, take a cheap propane torch and go over the whole thing- you'll see the color change as the water sweats out. Then paint. It will last a lot longer.
Also good trick on headers.
>>
inside or outside would make a difference
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.