[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How, other than adderall and caffeine, can you stay up for long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Sleep_Z's.png (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sleep_Z's.png
8KB, 300x300px
How, other than adderall and caffeine, can you stay up for long periods of time? I've got a lot of work to do and no time to sleep, but the urge to go to bed always kills me.
>>
>>1087777
I find that it is important to get lots of sleep. If I start skipping days, sure I get a lot more time in, but my overall quality of work and thinking go down. Try exercise OP.
>>
By getting lucky quads of luck like that
>>
>>1087777
deep relaxation in a locked bomb shelter 20 minutes aday. the lock is so dont fuck your shit up and rob you
>>
Uberman variation of polyphasic sleeping
>>
Get yourself some d bangers
>>
>>1087777
>adderall

adderall isnt for staying awake, its for seeing into the future
>>
The answer is stop procrastinating. At least that's me.
>>
>>1087777
Modafinil and adrafinil (if you can't get moda) work great. They let you stay awake and focus, but not in the jittery way of caffeine or Adderall. You'll have to pay off the sleep debt, but there are basically no side effects. Totally non-addictive; I didn't want to try Adderall because of the risk. Moda is wonderful stuff, and easy to get - they sell it OTC in India, so there are a lot of easy ways to get it shipped to you in the US or other countries where you need a prescription. Schedule IV, and it's unheard of for anyone to get in trouble for anything other than a gigantic order. Check out Gwern's good (long) article about it, and Wikipedia for basic info. /r/afinil I think for more resources. A lot of people use it as a nootropic, but it's certainly effective at what it's used for legally: treating narcolepsy and shift work sleep disorder (in other words, keeping you awake). The warning is not to get in the habit of sleeping less than you need; there's no drug that'll let you avoid sleep, but many that'll let you ignore it for a while to finish a paper or whatever. Good luck OP

Of course, drugs aren't really /diy/.
>>
>>1088365
moda was a big help for me when I needed to stay up late and still function the next day, but it's equally useful for staying up late without dipping in productivity as you get tired. The way it functions is nice; you can feel physiologically that you need to sleep, but the urge to do so isn't there. You can kind of just shut off the focus on the need to sleep and concentrate on your work. It's also nice when you have a busy day and enough sleep the night before, but that's getting into how the nootropics folks do it. Paradoxically, moda makes you more social, and you may be slightly more irritable (of course, that could just be the lack of sleep making you cranky). You can still go to sleep while it's active (it just won't happen unintentionally), and a dose lasts something like 12-14h. All in all, I'd give it a 9/10: it's powerful, non-addictive, easy to get, and does exactly what you're looking for. You can spend $60-$100 on a small order to check it out. Trusted brands are Sun Pharma I think; the Indian generics are supposed to be good. I ordered maybe 30x200mg and still haven't gone through it all, since you can use a quarter of a pill for a good affect.

If you're worried about legality you can order adrafinil, which metabolizes into the same thing, but it's wear and tear on your liver and the powder tastes like you wiped an ass crack with a rubber glove and left it in a dusty corner for a year. Moda is a lot more convenient because it comes in pills, so you don't have to deal with weighing suspicious white powder and the awful taste.
>>
File: a2YEoOO_460s_v2.jpg (69KB, 460x552px) Image search: [Google]
a2YEoOO_460s_v2.jpg
69KB, 460x552px
>Modafinil
I laugh everytime some annon says this. Its obvious they never even seen this or used it.
Its a drug for Narcolepsy and its a Schedule IV drug under the Controlled Substances Act. , making it a felony to possess. I highly doubt your family doctor is going to simple perscribe this crazy highly expensive drug.. because a lazy bastard such as yourself wants to stop procrastinating.
>>
Don't eat much. Keep the temp cool. Keep focusing. Maybe take short naps.
>>
>>1088416
You're dumb. I just said all of that - it's Schedule IV, it's prescribed for narcolepsy and shift work sleep disorder - and it's easy as shit to get in the mail from countries where it's legal over the counter. Get a $100 prepaid card and check out modafinilcat or one of the bajillion sites in the /r/afinil sidebar. Adrafinil is completely legal in the US, and does the same thing, albeit in a less convenient package. Want me to take a pic of mine to verify?
>>
>>1088416
> highly expensive
It's $60 for 30 200mg pills on littleBiggy, and that's the lowest quantity (/highest price) I saw anywhere. In normal orders, prices approach $1/pill.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.