[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and my girlfriend are looking at apartments here in The Overland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: a03ZqqJ.jpg (19KB, 552x591px) Image search: [Google]
a03ZqqJ.jpg
19KB, 552x591px
Me and my girlfriend are looking at apartments here in The Overland Park area and near by (Close to Kansas City). Yes, we live with her mom. Anyway....

What things should I look for when looking at these shit holes? I been going over a lot of them the past few weeks and reading reviews, but most of the reviews are 6 months to a year+ old.

Next is security. I dont need people stealing my shit. I looked around at a few things online and thought about getting a few (2ish?) wifi cameras or maybe going super cheap and setting up some old android phones as wifi cameras. Also thought about a motion detector for when we are not home.

Temperature. Making the place as comfy without jacking up the temp or knocking it down. Going to get door draft stopper for the main door, but most of the apartments I seen have a set of big ass windows with a sliding door in the dining/living room. What do I need if there is air leaking in this?
Shades/blinds, light or dark colors? I also have two lasko fans which can move a lot of air. Also thinking about getting a small space heater (one with a built in fan) to use in whatever area of the apartment we are in if needed.

Will add more when I think of it.
>>
Forgot to add. Fireplaces, almost all the apartments I looked at have them and I dont plan on using it. Do I need to cover it or leave it? If I do need to cover it or something, what do i use?
>>
anon, i think you are over thinking this.

It's just an apartment, if it seems clean and dry, look for any water leaks, just basic stuff like that.

As far as temperature goes, thats going to be dictated more by the building construction and what floor you are on. I'm in leafland, the highest floor I lived on was the 7th, and i never once turned the thermostat up, and that was a concrete building. Basements are the comfiest but then you have to worry about your shit because your on ground level.

Find a concrete building or cinder block, wood construction is no good for multiple dwellings, you can hear fucking everything.

Enjoy not living with your mother in law, you wont even notice what shades and blinds you have up a week later.
>>
>>1086967
>Me and my girlfriend are looking at apartments
you must consider what would happen if your girlfriend wasn't in the picture.
you would say "i am looking" not "me am looking" therefore you should have said "my girlfriend and i are looking"
>>
Find one with appliances that shave been replaced in the last decade.

Look in sink cabinets to see if there's been a leak. Ensure the pipes are seal at the wall entry point (cockroach entry point.)

If the bathroom fan sounds like a dieing animal make sure they replace it (prevent moisture buildup in the bathroom which leads to mold, which they will charge you to clean.)

If you have easy access to the furnace fan, check it for dust.

Ask if they have a complimentary carpet cleaning service. Some Apts will clean carpets for free every 6 months or so.

All of these and their reactions to your requests will tell you about how well they will treat you under contract.
>>
>>1086967
My sis used to live there. Will ask her.
>>
>>1086967
try the water. I entered into a lease to a place that has the worst water I've ever had. It's the city's water (this small town shithole thought they could do their own water from some polluted aquifer better than the larger water authorities that everyone else around here uses) so not exactly the apartments fault but still not happy
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.