[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My wife and I are thinking of buying a Dyson Cinetic canister

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0204.jpg (143KB, 792x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0204.jpg
143KB, 792x615px
My wife and I are thinking of buying a Dyson Cinetic canister vac.

Should I bite? Everyone I know who has a Dyson swears by them. I don't want to deal with shit like bags, ongoing maintenance costs, or inferior suction/dust gathering ability. Though the vacuum mafia declares brands like Miele, Riccar and Kirby are superior, they actually cost more and require bags.
>>
It sucks.
>>
>>1086827
badum tss
>>
>>1086819
I have a Bissell 1646 PowerGlide Pet Vacuum. I've been very happy with it. It has some minor flaws but its also only $110 on Amazon right now, which is about $15 cheaper then when I bought it.
>>
lmao sometimes i wish i didn't have a canister vacuum cleaner
>go to empty canister
>canister doesn't empty
>have to reach in and pull it all out with my hand
sure you save money not having to buy bags, but i'd rather replace the bag than having to have to touch that stuff the vacuum picks up.

i remember when i first started living on my own, bought an old upright vacuum at a yard sale that looked like it was made in the 70's. i couldn't kill it, just had to remove hair, string so the brush would spin again and stop burning the belt. 10 years ago it got to the point i couldn't buy bags for it anymore at a reasonable price.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, what's the best-priced vacuum for me to clean it up with?
>>
Dyson's are great. I think they are extremely well engineered and thought out. The only catch is the crazy price. If you can afford it without a second thought, go for it. There are other vacuums that work as good (sometimes better) at 1/2-1/4 the cost, but many times, I find that they lack polish. So you have to decide if polish is worth x2-x4 the price.
>>
>>1086819
Dysons are shit mate trust me, had them for many many years until recently. They're so fucking unreliable.

Got a Miele C3 complete after getting sick of dyson problems and it's fucking brilliant. Get one.
>>
>>1086845
Miele.
>>
>>1086819
3 cats + 2 Persian rugs
Dyson upright doing the job
>>
>>1086863
>>1086898

This. Even better search for the nearest outlet sale. Miele sell returned items at really reduced prices. And usually there is nothing wrong with them.
>>
File: henry-hoover_01[1].jpg (139KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
henry-hoover_01[1].jpg
139KB, 1500x1500px
>>1086819
while dyson might have okay performance, it is very over priced for what they are

get one of these fuckers instead, they just werks and have perfect ergonomic compared to the pretend space age special flowers of dyson
>>
Used dyson for 10 years or more. Then bought a Miele.
>>
>>1086819
pet hair and carpet powders are the kryptonite of dysons design. if you don't have either of those things then you'll probably be happy with the dyson.
>>
I have a Dyson upright. It is much much MUCH more powerful than my bro's Miele, which he bought based on my recommendation.

Not trolling one bit. The Dyson is a superior machine. The only caveat is that it needs to be dumped every other time you use it, and when you do so, you have to do it outdoors or else you will sprinkle fine dust everywhere.
>>
>>1086843
My canister vacuum has never had this problem. I also empty it regularly and vacuum regularly.
>>
>>1087678
My "bissel fucking shit" vacuum has a button on the top of the removable canister that opens the bottom down. Stick it in the trashcan, hit button, evacuate contents, close, remove from trashcan. Never spilled the contents anywhere but inside the trashcan. It also has a washable filter. I couldn't imagine spending more than $150 on a vacuum that was a pain in the ass to empty.
>>
I have an Electrolux. I inherited it from my great-aunt. She probably bought it on the 70s.

I had to replace the hose and motor a few years ago. I know, a vacuum cleaner is basically a hose and motor and other parts. But lets put it another way : I easily found replacement parts for a 40 year old vacuum cleaner.
>>
File: IMG_2288.jpg (559KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2288.jpg
559KB, 3264x2448px
Ask an allergy sufferer with two Dysons anything.

Everyone who gets a Dyson is horrified and amazed at how much crap comes out of the carpet with a few passes.
>>
>>1086819
I have this, it works every bit as good as my grandmothers Dyson DC33.

Its lighter, its so much more maneuverable, its modular so a push of a button it becomes a canister with powered attachments (it has a caddy with wheels or you can carry it around).

I honestly dont think you can get a better vacuum at this price.
And yes, the costco ones are different than the ones at walmart and other stores ones. Every single one comes at a different price point because they come with different attachments and shit.

http://www.costco.com/Shark%C2%AE-Rotator%E2%84%A2-Powered-Lift-Away-Vacuum-with-Canister-Caddy.product.100231791.html

You can find the same essential vaccum without the rolling caddy and powered attachments for like 100 bucks less.
>>
>>1086819
Dyson are cheap. I personally think my miele is great tho. Bag less are terrible. I've had/has dysons never been happy.
>>
>>1087791
Crap not cheap you autocorrecting piece of shit
>>
>>1087790
Sharks fall apart if you look at them funny.

Dysons are built to last. It's amazing how indestructible they are despite the plastic construction. There's just so much thought put into every aspect and it shows.
>>
Kirby and Rainbow are the two best brands I've heard of.
>>
>>1087808
The Dysons plastic doesnt feel any better than the Sharks does.They both have identical warranties.

The Dyson honestly feels big and clunky, im not sure where this "so much thought into every aspect" shit comes from.
>>
>>1086819
gtech airram
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.