[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup, /diy/. Seems like you guys are the best place to ask for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1477864266710.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477864266710.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
Sup, /diy/.
Seems like you guys are the best place to ask for this. I got a temporary job doing QC for an automotive parts supplier, and I'm going to be on my feet on concrete 12hrs a day. Need steel/composite toe as well.

All the /diy/ work ive had in the past ive really done with hiking boots cause its been outdoors running up and down the woods. This is a bit different.

So what are some good work boots with comfort while standing being a primary goal?

thanks for the recs! pic obv related
>>
Go to a local shoe store and try on boots with the features you want. We can post recommendations all day long, but in the end it comes down to which ones feel best for you personally, and you can't know that without trying them on.
>>
File: PC-200-357_7.jpg (29KB, 614x768px) Image search: [Google]
PC-200-357_7.jpg
29KB, 614x768px
>>1086492
Steel toed, non slip rubber boots, about 50usd
>>
>>1086756
I misread and understood that you will be with your feet in concrete for 12 hr/day, that's why I recommended rubber boots, this anon
>>1086753
Is right
>>
>>1086753
>>1086762
Thanks, I mean obviously I'm going to try on any boots I potentially would buy. Just wondering if there were some regarded as "the best" that I should seek out. Think my local workwear place has Redwing, Carhartt, Wolverine, Caterpillar, Georgia and maybe Timberland. Any models from those that you'd recommend looking for?
>>
>>1086492
Doc Martens + one of those gel pad inserts
>>
>>1086492
Try a bunch of them.
Eventually you'll put a pair on and immediately feel that they're perfect for you, believe me.
>>
>>1086788
never been a big fan of doc martens and the sole wears ludicrously quickly in a work environment, at least in my opinion
>>
>>1086492
When your feet start aching even when you get up in the morning, try Superfeet. I'm flat-footed as fuck, I use the blue ones. If you have normal arches use green. And try /out/ as well, they have a lot of gear threads and boots are always mentioned.
>>
>>1086816
Get them so you can put any and all types of inserts into them to fight odor, give arch support, heating, cooling, and adjust for wear and tear. AND YOU WILL WEAR AND TEAR THEM UP, unfortunately it almost never happens evenly.
>>
Also when you find the ones you love, buy two pairs. Switch them every day (e.g. wear the first pair on Monday, second pair on Tuesday, first pair on Wednesday, etc.). This will let them dry out and extend their lifespan by years each.
>>
Keens.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.