[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home security system you don't have the code? Home security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: frldnn4tlo9y2otkqcvj[2].jpg (109KB, 888x1200px) Image search: [Google]
frldnn4tlo9y2otkqcvj[2].jpg
109KB, 888x1200px
I bought a foreclosed house. All of the copper was stolen. I replaced some of it with cpvc and some of it from the boiler to the hot water radiators with 1'' and 1&1/4'' copper. Between Valves and everything else around $1500 worth of copper. Nevermind the labor involved. In hind site someone told me I could have used pex. but not the person who helped me install it.

My neighbor has a son who seems to be a full time copper thief. I'm sweating bullets over it because i'm not in the house yet. The lady across the street told me she saw him by my house last night and he had just gotten out of jail. So I'm eager to use the security system that came with the house but I've never used one before.

Its a DSC-832. with those magnetic sensors on all the doors and windows. Except I have a few broken pains still that are boarded up because I thought the boards were harder to get through than the windows.

Anyone with experience in security system feel free to weigh in. I'm a little reluctant to call ADT because I'm pretty sure they will try to sell me a newer system and it looks like someone has already done most of the hard work.
>>
>>1086329
if you don't know the code to the sec system just call ADT and explain to them so that they can reset it.

> I'm pretty sure they will try to sell me a newer system
so what, are you that much of a cockmungling faggot you can't just say "no thanks, just reset this one"

you faggot
>>
First off, where do you live? I'm guessing from the description, it's not a nice neighborhood.

Timeline:
0:00 Person kicks in back door
0:30-1:00 Security system alerts monitoring center that code has not been entered
0:30-3:00 Monitoring company calls you to confirm false alarm
0:30-1:00 You tell them it is not a false alarm
0:30-5:00 They contact local PD
5:00-30:00 They arrive at your house

Ignoring the fact that even once they get there they might still not catch the person and the fact that if they see a kicked in door they will call for backup. Best case scenario is that police will arrive in ~7 minutes. This is assuming that there is basically a cop down the block. They're not going to be rushing to your house at 100mph full sirens.

The average police response time is about 10 minutes nationally and a "good" monitoring center response is about 1 minute.

11 minutes is more than enough for a guy with a sawzall to grab a few hundred in copper.

Yes, calling a security company will have them try to sell you a new system.

Cheaper and just as effective is to just use a loud audible alarm. You already know the old lady across the street is nosy, just use her to call the cops instead of paying ADT.

Other things:
Motion lighting
Reinforced door jambs
Properly installed deadbolts

Those three are easily the most bang for your buck and call all be knocked out in an afternoon.

You can also:
Buy a dog
-Most robbers aren't going to even try with a dog.
Buy fake security system signs.
-Might scare off some stupid thieves
Park a car in the driveway
-Number one deterrent to burglars is someone home
Put lamps on timers in evening
-Home alone that shit. Much less likely to work on next door neighbor though since he will be able to look through windows with total impunity.
Casually bring up to the suspected thief that some cunts stole all the copper so you replaced it with plastic
-If he thinks there is nothing of value, he won't even bother risk it
>>
Set him up and record him committing the crimes.
>>
>>1086329
I've always wanted to get into stealing copper, but there's barely any abandoned buildings around my region. Anybody ever think of cleaning out buildings in Michigan then selling it in manitoba? I bet it would be simple to get over the border once a month.

Get a big loud dog op, a lot of black people saw the people under the stairs.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (263KB, 1491x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (1).jpg
263KB, 1491x1600px
>>1086351 if i knew the code their are companies who will monitor for $9 a month.

>>1086353
I live in a town in NJ that is literally on the same road as the police station although much farther down. Actually the cops are pretty excited to catch a criminal that is not a speeding ticket. The neighbors don't mind telling me when they see me what they saw but they are not into calling the police on the guy because you can google his name and he seems like a legend. He has been shot and arrested multiple times. I gave them my number but the one guy probably isn't going to call the cops on his son. Besides that I could put any piece of metal by the road and some scrapper would stop in less than 10 minutes to pick it up. I even saw my first female scrapper the other day. Scrapping is serious business around here. Its an ok neighborhood. I really just want that loud alarm siren that is already there to go off but the police would be a nice touch. I have motion lights and dead bolts. I'm going to add some of the other things you mentioned.

I considered removing my basement steps but I didn't want to kill anyone.

>>1086385
Yes I was reading about those security cameras from harbor freight last night but if I was a theft I would just take the dvr with me.

>>1086404
I think I'm gonna just get a bowl of dog food and a big bone. Stealing copper actually seems like a lot of work/risk for the payoff. I had a friend who sold his business and they were going to demolish it. He told me to cut the wire and take the pipes. Pipes under asbestos tiles. Pipes in the basement wrapped in asbestos. This is a lot of work com paired to what they pay you. I can tell you from my house they left more expensive items. They were only fixated on the copper ignored cast iron and brass. I guess you can't except too much from them though.
>>
>>1086329
Kick in his door and suck his dick
>>
>>1086404
>I've always wanted to get into stealing copper

I've always wanted to skin copper thieves alive and spray them down with vernier and sprinkle on salt. Tie a rope to there ankle and let them run away before stepping on the rope and seeing them fall in gravel. I want to make the shit Mexican cartels do look petty. Anyone know any reason video related would not work on live long pork?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBNIs6oG6IU
>>
File: 1455850590847.jpg (23KB, 700x504px) Image search: [Google]
1455850590847.jpg
23KB, 700x504px
bumping for justice from an alarm system adnon who can reset an old alarm systerm
>>
>>1088045
Too bad you can't type.

OP is retarded thinking this will work. You need to set up surveillance, and set up a loud ass alarm with those door reed switches.
>>
>>1088053
I have the fucking loud ass alarm I just don't know the code. Thanks for being some typing expert on DIY though.
>>
>>1086472

The DSC-832/PC5010 has tons of documentation online. You can find out how to do anything in seconds. I'm not walking you through it.

And yes, they are magnets but the proper term is door contacts. They are reed switches.
>>
>>1086329

And you can buy a SimpliSafe system that's entire wireless if you choose. You're the monitoring services via an app. If that's too much money you can go with FrontPoint and they'll subsidize the system costs in exchange for a 2 year monitoring agreement. Basically material costs are embedded and you own all parts after the agreement. Mine costs me around $40 a month. Small price to pay for all the equipment they sent me. Actually got the panel itself for free and 3 months monitoring for free because it was slightly used.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.