[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being a 27 year old who has no skills, is in crippling debt,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1472670698645.png (487KB, 855x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472670698645.png
487KB, 855x1200px
Being a 27 year old who has no skills, is in crippling debt, and has a shitty retail job is pretty awful.

I've always wanted to be someone who could do things but I've spent so many years on /a/ and /v/ being worthless that my brain is slow and my body is weak.

How can I get out of this and learn to do things for myself? I have no capital (it's negative even), so I can't go to a trade school. I also don't really know anybody cuz I was a NEET

Pic unrelated but I have thousands of anime pictures and nothing useful
>>
Teaching yourself programing is option. It takes no money and you can keep your lifestyle. Some people are stupid at everything else but get really good at it after a few years.
>>
>>1085994
No I hate my lifestyle. I took some programming courses and I'd rather not try to kill myself. it's so boring.

I've been near sedentary for 8 years and I'm fat and unhealthy. I have started to exersize but I'm still unskilled and going nowhere in life. Idk how to learn DIY skills because I have no teachers and can't really figure out what to do anyway
>>
Look on Craigslist or in your local newspaper for any construction firms or skilled trade companies looking to hire new apprentices with on the job training. When you get an interview be brutally honest-- you only have retail experience, no experience in construction and you're physically out of shape. But, you're going to make up for it by showing up early every single day and making a concerted effort to learn everything there is to know about the job. If they give you a chance, you make good on that promise. Your first month is going to suck ass, but you'll get through it. Your pay checks aren't going to earth shattering, but they will make retail and food service jobs looks like utter chump change.

On a longer time line you should look to accrue general experience over the years so you can transition into a mechanical trade (plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.) This is where the real money is at, and where you can learn skills for life that will let you live like a grown up, but are also portable to let you move anywhere and still make a good living.
>>
>>1085993

Try to find a more physical job, retail is a soul killer.
>>
>>1085993
>no skills
>crippling debt
How?
>>
>>1086069
bad computer information technology degree 2yr i took from 2009 to 2014 (yes), don't remember most of it because for most of it I sat on 4chan in my room and did online courses

I passed the stuff but being shutin does things to you and I hate myself etc you know how some boards work for your self esteem. I couldn't get a job with it because it only qualified me for call center in my mind and I wouldn't apply for things I didn't qualify for. It's been a few years now and I've done retail for 2 and I'm worthless
>>
>>1085995

>Fat and unhealthy
very easy and cheap to fix.

eat less, drink water, sit down on the floor and stand up, repeat, literally a retard can do this, you can watch anime while doing this

>diy skills
youtube videos. they are a suprising source of information. you learn a lot about diy just from utube. there is video just about anything.

>debt
budget and control your finance, go to /r/personalfinance and just lurk and learn

>27
that's young, ignore every single motherfucker that tells you 27 means anything other than a number, if you feel like you are 15, you are 15

>neet
only u can help urself so man the fuck up
>>
>>1086074
-yes I am doing the healthy thing
-I don't really know where to start is the point. Learning to make a cabinet is worthless because I don't need a cabinet and it's not like I can afford anything anyway. Idk I feel like I need help knowing where to start and how to do things useful for me
-debt
lmao I make 300 dollars every 2 weeks at best, I have the low cost of 300 dollars rent, then student loan payments of 250 dollars, then food and gas and other debts I racked up while not having a job and more bills
is 8/10 years too late, I should've started at 18
-man up/ neet
believe me I worked hard to convince myself I needed help. I got therapy and worked hard to do things without meds and I have a job (shit retail) and now i'm making a dumb post on 4chan where I'm vainly looking at other angles to better myself

the main point here is that I'm really stupid but i'm trying my best :(
>>
>>1086077
stop taking meds and eat healthy food and just exercise, that is your starting point, once you eat better food you will immediately stop feeling like shit

if you dont do the other stuff that is fine, just start eating healthy food

forget about therapy and other stuff, that is a downward spiral of self confirmation, i.e. you think you are shit, going to therapy will make you feel you are correct about it

just start eat healthy, body comes before mind, a large part of your "shit" is probably u feeling tired and your body trying to conserve nutriants making you think slower

tldr forget about everything you know, just eat healthy
>>
>>1086083
I stopped taking mind meds like 2 years ago, and I already am eating healthy lmao, my therapist is the one who had me stop and I haven't gone back to therapy in over a year

I've literally already done all this I was scoping out DIY to figure out next steps

the 0 skills person who comes out of NEET life doesn't know what to do next basically
>>
>>1086085
start by going around your house and learn to fix everything

door hinges

loose paint

loose pipe fitting

etc

every home has some shit so just trying to improve your own place will be a good start

also every home is different so i cannot tell you what you should do bcos it depends on your place

making a cabinet will be useful

or just make a box if you are having "feelings" again

the thing is you have to stop telling yourself "no" and just do shit, fuck all the excuses, just fucking make a cabinet and burn it in your garden, that is what you should do

you dont know what you dont know so just do some shit, any shit, and once you start, you learn stuff

that is how you start
>>
>>1086092
>>start by going around your house and learn to fix everything
Idk why I didn't think of this. This house (my dad's) is a fucking disaster. There's so much wrong with it. I should take pictures
>>
>>1086093
>fucking disaster
good news, you now have a project

diy is fun once u get into it
>>
File: 20161118_145332.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161118_145332.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>1086096
Don't know how I would afford to fix these things though. There's broken windows, leaky roof, tore tiles, cracked wood, and I still don't know where to begin
>>
>>1086100
i dont know what the panel is made of but you can just patch the holes with some concrete

go to diy store

get concrete, two buckets, a spreader thing

you can patch them easily

at least make it flat

the panel will be gone the next time you renovate so dont worry about patching the panel

just make it flat

i am no expert on this so someone might give input

but looks like a cheap job, literally just a few dabs of concrete spread evenly and flat into the craters
>>
>>1085995
Yeah. Get a shit tier trades job. Entry level. With a diet youll get gud. Bullshit with the racers and lesrn to mechanic some. Then other shit will come about once u go outside.

One of my best friends was over 400 fucking pounds and is now a professional athelete with a record of 19-2. He lost his first 2 fights and got shredded. Its not easy. But nothing worth doing is.

I'b bet hes the only professional athelete that knows what a thunderfury is. Let alone had one at 60...
>>
>>1086107
it's roll-down false kitchen tile basically
My dad will probably not want it to happen though. I guess ill talk to him about where to start
>>
File: 20161118_140840.jpg (960KB, 1315x1197px) Image search: [Google]
20161118_140840.jpg
960KB, 1315x1197px
>>1086074
This. I got this job and learned how to run that wheel loader off youtube....
>>
>>1086077
We are brothers u and i. I almost ate a 12 guage this year. Have 2 best friends. Would take a bullet with a smile on my face for them. Within the same week 1 an heros. The other almost died. Then one of my other childhood friends almost died from an infection after skin graohs from getting melted by a 440 volt line.

Fuck near drank myself to death.

I fell down in the street in front of people trying to walk to the liquor stor for another handle of shit potatoe juice. Couldnt find mybkeys thank god. I never even drink and drive. Lost friends to that shit. All fucks to give out the window. Spiked my phone. So i just stumbled back home and loaded my gun. Took therapy, good friends, and a lot of tought mental work to get on top of this shit.

U can do it bro.
>>
>>1086083
100% this.

Im a fat fuck and had to study and talk to a buddy just to kearn to eat right.

And i didnt know but if u have anxiety caffiene will fuck up your shit. Should lay off the pop anyway if u getting /fit
>>
>>1086093
Do it. Make a thread and we can help. My house is such shit the only tool i need to fix it is a fucking zippo.
>>
>>1086074
I like you anon. You have a good way of putting things.
>>
>>1085993
You just have to find things that interest you. Maybe you have some friends or family that you could do some shit with and learn from?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.