[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, /diy/. I bought the aero grill on eBay, and it came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: broken_rack.jpg (2MB, 3264x4896px) Image search: [Google]
broken_rack.jpg
2MB, 3264x4896px
Greetings, /diy/.

I bought the aero grill on eBay,
and it came with one of its racks broken.

Any ideas on how to fix it ?
>>
They just missed the weld, not really broken. Buy a collar with an id that matches the the od of that wire and shove each end into it. Make sure the collar isn't galvanized, I'd bet most are copper or brass anyway. If you have a welder just weld the ends together. You could solder but I'd worry about the solder liquifying in a grill environment.
>>
Duck tape
>>
>>1085745
get some copper wire, cut an arc and put on top of the broken point, then use another wire to wrap around the overlap area
>>
A small friendly muffler shop would probably hit it with a mig welder for free.

Clamp it in place somehow before you go, so they don't have to fit it.
Buy 'em a soda afterwards to say thanks.
>>
>>1085767
It's plated, they would have to grind off the plating to weld first. Then it wouldn't be safe to use for food without replating the steel.
>>
>>1085778
>Then it wouldn't be safe to use for food without replating the steel.
Nigga what?
>>
>>1085778
Are you a special kind of retarded? If it's steel, then it's just iron (you know, that element that's in hemoglobin, which binds oxygen to your cells and allows you to live). Whatever it's plated in would be more dangerous for you than that.

Grind it back, tack weld it, move on with your life.
>>
>>1085787
I guess all those food safety rules and regulations are just for nothing then. Enjoy your tetanus.
>>
>>1085789
Tetanus is caused by a bacteria that lives in the dirt or shit. It doesn't just live on metal like a free-for-all. The reason why it's associated with metals is due to puncture wounds (stepping on a rusted piece of metal that's lying on the ground, for instance). Besides, this metal will be heated up so much that most of the bacteria will die. In other words, you won't die from eating food that was cooked on a piece of welded steel.

Again, what special kind of retarded are you? I can dig a goddamned cast iron pan out of the ground, throw it onto a fire until it's cherry red, take it out and let it cool, then season it with some vegetable oil, olive oil or lard, and the food I cook in it will be just fine.

But you're gonna freak out because the edge of your shitty little grill will have a small spot where it'd be more prone to rust (which is all that coating is really there for). Tetanus, my ass. Again, special kind of retard here.
>>
>>1085778
what da fuck?
the plating is just to prevent rust (and cosmetics), and it will come off easily if stick welding
and even if it rusts after welding who cares? you are not gonna get sick cause of that, unless you jam the rusted bit into your asshole and create a wound, and even then its a far fetch
>>
>>1085778
shit i forgot how many people have died after using state park picnic grills
>>
>>1085746
This. If u get copper or brass maybe even pinchbit with pliers of beat on it to "crimp" the wire on.

Takes a crane to get it apart.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.