[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a Remote controlled tentacle? My wife is REALLY into tentacles.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 3dp_tentacle_octopus.jpg (170KB, 970x645px) Image search: [Google]
3dp_tentacle_octopus.jpg
170KB, 970x645px
Making a Remote controlled tentacle?
My wife is REALLY into tentacles. I'm wanting to build a remote controlled tentacle for her. How would I go about doing this? Mostly interested in the inner workings, something I can slip a pre-existing tentacle over.
Or doesn't need to be too complex or anything. It might even be better if it's something with a pre-defined set of motions that activate when a flip is desired.
>>
You must explain how your wife will use the tentacles
>>
>>1082800
Or he could just google the question and delete this thread? Because a google search will tell him more then anyone on here.. Only one who might know anything remotely related is the RC guys and six axis sex robot guy.
>>
File: Hawkeye-Pierce-MASH-1024-768.jpg (29KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye-Pierce-MASH-1024-768.jpg
29KB, 1024x768px
I like where this thread is going
>>
File: 8dof_lola.jpg (76KB, 1000x469px) Image search: [Google]
8dof_lola.jpg
76KB, 1000x469px
>>1082795

With a 3D printer, some electronics and a lot of work it wouldn't be too hard to make something like pic.
For the tip section I'd try small box sections with a hinge on one side and a spring on the other to push it into spiral. With a wire running along the spring which can pull all the boxes against each other and thus straighten the tip.
>>
File: trunkthing.png (15KB, 1002x398px) Image search: [Google]
trunkthing.png
15KB, 1002x398px
>>1082810
Doesn't need to be this complex, I once made an animatronic trunk using disks, cables and springs. Somewhat concerningly , I can't find my build photos. Meh.

Each segment (big circle of pic related) is a disk. Each disk has a hole in each quarter, 4 holes per disk. A steel cable is fixed to the quarter holes of the end (leftmost) disk, onto which are threaded 4 springs, then another disk, then 4 springs, then another disk etc until desired length is reached. Rightmost disk affixes to your "root" (whatever it is the tentacle will attach to) pulling each of the 4 cables. Another 4 cables can be added at a mid section to allow greater articulation, but that will obviously require more electromechanics to drive.

The 3DP solution the other anon posted above will be your ideal solution, but this might get you over the line if 3DP is not an option.
>>
>>1082830
Hurr..
> pulling each of the 4 cables will curve the tentacle in a given direction.
>>
Finally this will get the use it deserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2dI_B_Ycg
>>
File: IMG_1301.jpg (64KB, 518x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1301.jpg
64KB, 518x346px
>>1082795
>>1082830

I was leading a project once where we needed a powered articulated spine tube, pic related is a very early prototype I got to keep.
>>
>>1082842

we used the dynalloy nitinol in picture to power it.
>>
>>1082842
That's pretty damn nice man, 3DP segments? Mine was just made from 7mm MDF cut into disks with a hole saw.
>>
http://hackaday.com/2016/09/13/the-bootup-guide-to-homebrew-two-stage-tentacle-mechanisms/
>>
>>1082830

That can bend, but it can't spiral.

If you replace one of the springs on each disk with a short rod (hinged at the disks) it can in principle spiral. Of course only in one direction.
>>
>>1082795
by far the best way to do it
http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-3190/10/5/055003/meta
>>
Have a bendable inner shaft that rotates covered with a silicone tentacle. The outer sleeve doesn't rotate but wiggles as the inner shaft turns.
>>
>>1082852

That's pretty nice.
>>
>>1082795
bump because sex bots
>>
oh man, where do you find chicks that are into weird shit like that?
>>
>>1085068
I highly doubt op is being 100% truthful about his intentions regarding the tentacle. regardless, since it's a taboo topic, it's rare to find someone who is open about it. Similarly, they are not likely to be physically appealing.
>>
>>1085089
This is OP. Sorry I haven't responded yet. But this is 100% real intentions. She is really into tentacles hentai and we've already picked out a tentacle. I'm looking into all of the suggestions and they're really good. I'll come back with more questions when I've decided which build I'll be doing. Will post updates.
>>
>>1085068
Had no idea she was such a SLuT when we started dating. I'd say go for adopted white girls with daddy issues. But I got lucky, she's not insane. Pretty cool lady, just really like tentacles. She also doesn't masturbate for some reason. Do what you want with this information.
>>
Also, what to do about making it compact and rechargeable? And eager proof? I'm thinking I'll try to fit a rotating rod thing inside the tentacle shaft. Or something. I don't know yet. But it would be neat to have it be very portable.
>>
>>1085232
Water* not eager.
>>
>>1082795
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2dI_B_Ycg
make this
>>
>>1082858
Maybe I'm just retarded but I can't find where to download the paper or access it fully. Do I have to pay for it?
>>
>>1085238
Wife says she doesn't like how it moves. Doesn't look like it feels good.
>>
>>1085239

It's just a hydraulic equivalent of the hackaday design. But you can build the hackaday design with simple tools and materials, instead of a 3D printer which can print in soft materials.
>>
>>1082854
What purpose could spiraling even serve in OP's situation
>>
>>1085613

The tip of an octopus tentacle often spirals inwards on itself, like in OP's picture. Realism.
>>
>>1082802
I built an rc push mower with a mower and electric wheelchair. Ama u want
>>
>>1082795
google "animatronic tentacle"
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.